Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Deal or No Deal

The maths do not really work but try finding a similar car in Europe for EUR 12k. So: deal? I guess for buyers from abroad it is!

before this $16K car is in Europe there are of course costs:

- transportation to the Port
    - ocean freight
    - and since yesterday min. 19% tax (instead of 6% that was possible going through Rotterdam)

That makes this 12K euro at least 16K euro. Still it could be worth it.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Macroni View Post
    Marco,
    What is your estimate for just getting the motor up?

Luke
    I don't know. It all depends on what you find when you open the case and what pieces come with the car...
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

I don't usually like to comment on value , as that is pretty subject to individual interpretation . But if a proper 2.2 S motor (and matching numbers to boot is being infered in the PP thread). Combined with what looks to be nice original upholstered sport seats in the same color as what also looks to be the standard interior (both uncommon , red in general . And red sport seats). Which even though the shade of the seat covering seems a tad lighter than the panels & rear seats , it indicates they could be orig ? (even not , an additional $6K plus in value).

Seems like a pretty decent price to me.

What also caught my eye was towards the end of the PP thread (a reference & link to this) :

" TheSamba.com :: VW Classifieds - 1973 911S targa to part out " .

1973 911S targa to part out Price: varies
    Since the car is already torn apart we will just part it out
    it is matching numbers with custom ordered paint a little brighter than viper green
    original interior was blue and wheels were gold.
    Available as a project right now.

tub 9113310011 $8500.
    engine 633025 disassembled $4500.
    complete mfi system $3500.
    spoiler bumper 850.
    new NOS fenders 2500.
    hood 400.
    complete interior with seats and dash rough 1000.
    brakes 600.
    rear suspension 250.
    front struts 400.
    rear bumpers 250.
    targa top 400.
    wiring harness complete 400.
    rear 73 clip 1500.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Notice the serial numbers of the car & the motor (car number 11 , motor number 25)

And the car is GREEN (and a special order one to boot) with : "original interior was blue". Does that add up to any possibilities to anyone else ?

Seems like it could likely be a car that was originally built for someone special.

(not that it matters , but some more related to car info):

This car (was ?) from John Small in Wyoming . When I noticed it on the newer website, that was created a few (couple ?) months ago , supposedly by "new" people who had "bought it all" . When I inquired about it , someone replied by email. With a name attached of "jon alekzandr" (who coincidently was also from Sheridan , Wy. / is this just a coincidence ? I'll let people make their own quess) .

When advertised by this "jon" , for $15K for everything . I became somewhat colder when they said that even though "they" had disassembled the car, the Barrels & pistons. Along with the guages had been "stolen or misplaced" .

That (and wondering what else was actually missing) , combined with the fact , that I did not feel like going to Wyoming. And there was no suspension bolted on car to boot. Made me forget about it.

I do not know who this advertiser is now out of Wash. State. But the ownership seems a bit weird. I could be wrong , but it could very likely still be sitting in Sheridan, Wy.

Although , it could have been purchased and transported to Wash. state ?

But I still think with the color and the number of build. It could be a car with interesting history.

Seems like a shame to separate the drive train from the body. And to part it out in general (and with the " rear 73 clip 1500" , are they meaning to possibly cut up ?). I would definately find out the history before doing anything.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by peekaboo; 01-03-2011 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Macroni View Post
    http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...-deal-16k.html

A 2.2S recently sold for $16,000 at a dealers auction. The question of Deal/No Deal was posed on Pelican. I thought it was a good question considering my own restoration as well as the others we have seen here.
    Engine fire?
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Deal or No Deal? . . .

. . . from 3.5 years ago, now . . .

We Can Be Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by LongRanger View Post
    . . . from 3.5 years ago, now . . .
    Yeah. I started reading it and wondered what they were all smoking... Then saw the date... Cruel trick ;-)
    Greg.
    ----------
    72 911T - 73 2002

Greg that's a Rick specialty, yanking some old thread out and fooling us into thinking it's current because checking the date is not what most of us are focused on. Some people live in the past, (and others just drive cars from there.)
    1970 911S
    1963 Abarth Monomille
    1974 2002 Turbo

Waiting for the Past

Quote Originally Posted by yale View Post
    . . . that's a Rick specialty, yanking some old thread out and fooling us into thinking it's current because checking the date is not what most of us are focused on . . .
    Ouch!

Actually, I was interested in how opinions --- + values . . . have changed . . . especially recently

Like w/ these two. What's a non-matching numbers 'S' worth?

3.5 years, ago = ~$16k

And today = ?

And what 'bout that kwazy '73 Targa? Never mind the 'low VIN' . . . or 'special colors' . . . 'blue interior' . . . 'gold wheels'

Got parted-out, too, looks like

ruh-roh

Restored --- or not . . . for someone looking to get into one of these cars, these were entry-points . . . 3.5 years, ago

Not that long, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by yale View Post
    . . . Some people live in the past, (and others just drive cars from there .) . . .
    Hmm

I read . . .

. . . find . . .

. . . share

. . . + remember --- see post #5 . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...Ten-Fifty-nine

Meanwhile . . . I'm still waiting for that Targa to show up, again

Holy-moly! . . . .
    Attached Images Attached Images   

We Can Be Heroes

1973 911S targa
    Fluorescent Green
    Blue interior
    Gold wheels
    Matching engine and trans

You shouldn't make so many assumptions !

This car is very special. Original buyer location was code #100.
    Right at the factory!

Car is hibernating and all parts accounted for.
    It will be available for sale soon.