Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: Projects on our (new to us) 1967 912-6

What an interesting comment. Never thought about that.

Now that we have the motorhome, we plan on traveling quite a bit. Which does not leave much time for the car. So I have decided to sell it. Not sure what it will bring but I am giving eBay a try.
    1967 912 w/3.0 SC motor and tranny, RS door panels, stock body, power windows & brakes, and A/C.

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...us)-1967-912-6

www.jerryforthofer.wordpress.com

I have received very nice compliments today about this thread. I really appreciate all of them.

If you have cruised through enough forums, you have come across some pretty nasty happenings. People make crude comments, they speak loudly about things they know nothing about, and many are outright unpleasant. I posted this thread on three popular Porsche forums for over two years. During that time, I did not have one nasty post on any of those three forums. I had constructive comments about something I had either already screwed up or was about to screw up, but no nasty comments.

I have also posted similar threads about Camaro's and Corvette's on the appropriate forums with similar results. In this oftentimes uncivil world, I find it refreshing that car people are the way they are. If I have helped some people with this thread, that is only right as I have been helped by people in those threads I have followed. These kind of forums are truly great examples of "passing it forward."

Thanks in part to this thread, the car sold in less than a day for an amount that we both thought was fair. The new buyer has followed this thread for the past two years and is even more of an enthusiast than I am who has a number of special cars. The car is going to a good home where it will be appreciated and driven!!

I have been asked what my next project will be. We will be doing some traveling but it would not surprise me if some project car finds me. They have a way of doing that!!
    1967 912 w/3.0 SC motor and tranny, RS door panels, stock body, power windows & brakes, and A/C.

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...us)-1967-912-6

www.jerryforthofer.wordpress.com

Many thanks for your enlightening and thorough contributions to this site. You have guided me in deciding on a 912/6 and shown me the pitfalls, the fixes and the joy of the car. All the very best in your travels. Neil Dowling, Western Australia