Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Fab 50's/Shelby Event

Great shots, Chuck!

The fuel tank in the ferrari 4.9 (or 410S) is a work of art in itself. One can view vintage action shots of the car here: http://www.vintage-sportscar-photos....rrari.htm#row4 I see that 'ol Isky Ed still has a cigar "at the ready" in his shirt pocket. I suppose that there's no sense reading the Surgeon General's warning at his age, eh?

I need to spend some retirement time in SoCal so I can go to all those nifty events.

Thanks for posting!

Jim
    SWBGRUPPE
    Dues Paid Member #279

>>>>The Williams Bros. '29 roadster belongs to my good friend Tom McIntrye. When the Midwest Early 911 guys arrived in LA after our cross country drive last May we were invited over to Tom's shop for what I thought was a small gathering. Instead we found a really nice party and a dusty, old roadster that he had literally brought out of a barn that day after 50+ years of storage. The brothers had set a land speed record at Bonneville in 1954 and shortly afterward put the car away, until that day.<<<<

Holy crap Brian! I didn't even recognize it without the barn dust!!! That cleaned up quite nicely.

Smile

Great shots, Chuck!
    Thanks Jim...

The fuel tank in the ferrari 4.9 (or 410S) is a work of art in itself.
    It is/was the Edgar 410S .... Big, bad, Ferrari muscle car

One can view vintage action shots of the car here: http://www.vintage-sportscar-photos....rrari.htm#row4
    Allan and his wife are at most of our local vintage events (including this one)
    Great folks with some of the best local period black and white photos around...

I see that 'ol Isky Ed still has a cigar "at the ready" in his shirt pocket. I suppose that there's no sense reading the Surgeon General's warning at his age, eh?
    Old Ed is sharp as a tack and still works every day in his old machine shop... His usual greeting with an extended hand to shake is: "I'm Ed, what do you do?" ... and I'll tell'ya, you really feel compelled to come up with something pretty interesting... He can tell stories for hours... most politically incorrect...

I need to spend some retirement time in SoCal so I can go to all those nifty events.
    Come on over bud.... But do it soon because; We're losing these living treasures every year... ... and pretty soon they'll be no one left to remember that THIS is where it all started...

Thanks for posting!
    Always my pleasure

Cheers,
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter