Thread: W: 911 hotrod

W: 911 hotrod

Hi folks,

Wanted to post here on the chance something might shake loose from the community.

I'm looking for my next 911 and am wanting a hotrod build.

Narrow or RS body preferred over widebody.

Non-original repaints are totally fine. Open on colors, although interesting factory colors like Continental or Signal Orange, Fashion Gray, etc would be just awesome.

Engine swapped cars are welcomed (2.7, 3.0, 3.2/964/993 swap), so are 3.4, 3.5 builds, etc.

Open to stock induction, EFI, carbs. Car will go on rallies, so ease of use and reliability are important.

Budget open based on the car.

PM or email me what you have.
    Thanks.
    Member # 4064
    ‘69 911E

I’m considering selling my 69 with RS bodywork track and street car. Roller or with 2.5 short stroke motor with Carrillo rods, 46mm PMO carbs, cross drilled crank, shuffle pinned case, SSI headers, runs on pump gas, AFR gauge, 10K tach, MSD ignition, short AFMSX gears with lsd, Seine gated shifter, aluminum rear trailing arms, Sanders torsion bars, racing double adjustable Koni inserts in RSR struts, aluminum calipers front and rear, 1970 lbs, front oil tank, cooler and ATL FIA fuel cell, Sparco seats, caged by nascar certified welder, fiberglass fenders, hood, bumpers, doors, ducktail. Bare metal Glasurit paint, no rust, lexan windows and headlight lenses, glass windshield, corner balanced, 2 sets of Toyos on 7 and 8” Fuchs, Antigravity battery and more. 912 VIN so insurance is easy. Built for vintage racing but very streetable and quick. Located central NY
    Last edited by 66S; Yesterday at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 66S View Post
    I’m considering selling my 69 with RS bodywork track and street car. Roller or with 2.5 short stroke motor with Carrillo rods, 46mm PMO carbs, cross drilled crank, shuffle pinned case, SSI headers, runs on pump gas, AFR gauge, 10K tach, MSD ignition, short AFMSX gears with lsd, Seine gated shifter, aluminum rear trailing arms, Sanders torsion bars, racing double adjustable Koni inserts in RSR struts, aluminum calipers front and rear, 1970 lbs, front oil tank, cooler and ATL FIA fuel cell, Sparco seats, caged by nascar certified welder, fiberglass fenders, hood, bumpers, doors, ducktail. Bare metal Glasurit paint, no rust, lexan windows and headlight lenses, glass windshield, corner balanced, 2 sets of Toyos on 7 and 8” Fuchs, Antigravity battery and more. 912 VIN so insurance is easy. Built for vintage racing but very streetable and quick. Located central NY
    Thanks! Car sounds like a romper! I'm wondering if its a bit more on the track focused than street focused? Keep in mind that I live in Houston where roads suck and the car is for rallies.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Member # 4064
    ‘69 911E

There is a nice looking RS-style '71T on BaT right now. And and RSR styled '70 with a Supertec motor. Depending on your budget though, it might behoove you to build. It's kind of hit or miss where the hot rod cars end up, price wise.

Cool car above, but unless you wear a helmet, I would not street that car with a full cage.
    '72 911T Coupe in Fraise
    '83 911SC Cabrio in Slate Blue
    '84 911 Carrera Coupe in Ruby Red Metallic
    Old Volvos and Mid Century Oldsmobile/Buick/and Ford

Quote Originally Posted by AlexHershey View Post
    There is a nice looking RS-style '71T on BaT right now. And and RSR styled '70 with a Supertec motor. Depending on your budget though, it might behoove you to build. It's kind of hit or miss where the hot rod cars end up, price wise.
    Agreed on price with hot rods. I've also gone down the road of building in the past and would love to find something that is either drive ready, or needs a few things addressed..
    Member # 4064
    ‘69 911E

Quote Originally Posted by AlexHershey View Post
    Thanks! I'll check it out. Went down the build path before and would rather buy one drive ready, or needing a few items addressed.
    Member # 4064
    ‘69 911E

Makes total sense!

I also live in an area with rough roads, I don’t mind the stiff suspension but the noise is a bit much for me on the street, I’m in the process of making it more quiet, removing the Wevo motor mounts and adding sound deadening. My car has roll bar padding and the drivers seat has head containment, more padding than stock and less dangerous if in a collision. I have also cut some of the side bars down to make getting in and out easier. You might be more interested in my signal orange 70S Targa mild hot rod, soft window, original Porsche option Recaro rally buckets, lightweight carpet and door panels, original rear seat delete, 2.2S with Webers, twice the price as the 69. That car will be ready in the spring.
    Last edited by 66S; Today at 12:59 PM.