Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Finally okay to throw $$$ into that "non-original-hot-rod-driver"?

Quote Originally Posted by MrBonus View Post
    I just call mine a mutt. The numbers don't match. A lot of the details come from other non-Ts and aftermarket parts. The color isn't the same as it is from the factory. It's fun as hell to drive.
    Yep and that is where the value is. It's fun to drive and I built it the way the way I wanted it ...................

Quote Originally Posted by myflat6 View Post
    "Personally tailored" or "Expertly curated" or "Mutt" all work as well
    I just call them Personalized Porsches.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    1959 Auratium Green 356A Super w/ Rudge wheels
    1970 Irish Green 914-6 w/2.2S
    Current -1967 Bahama Yellow 912 POLO 2cam4 #1
    www.reSeeWorks.com
    Personalized Vintage Porsche's and parts
    I couldn't find the sports car of my dreams, so I built it myself-Ferdinand Porsche

Well 'Outlaw', 'Hotrod', or what ever it's yours so make it speak for you. I've had mine for 24 years and I've autoxed and tracked it in the SE when I lived in Florida. Tracks like Sebring and Road Atlanta. Then back on the west coast, tracks in Wash, Ore and Calif. A weight reduction program initially then mods to the brakes, suspension and finally a twin plug 3.0L. When I sit in the garage and talk to my toy cars in the winter (Classic Mini Cooper and my infamous Hemi/Vette), they just ask, "when do we get to go for a drive?" I know the "purists" choke sometimes when they see my cars, like the stripping on the 911, but I'm the one who looks at them everyday so it's my smile.
    Kent Olsen
    McMinnville, OR
    72 911 upgraded 3.0L
    RGRUPPE # 104

I like it.
    1959 Auratium Green 356A Super w/ Rudge wheels
    1970 Irish Green 914-6 w/2.2S
    Current -1967 Bahama Yellow 912 POLO 2cam4 #1
    www.reSeeWorks.com
    Personalized Vintage Porsche's and parts
    I couldn't find the sports car of my dreams, so I built it myself-Ferdinand Porsche

Quote Originally Posted by LongRanger View Post
    VIN = 9112101969
    Eng# = ?
    Trans# = ?
    Prod# = ?

'. . . Porsche 911T coupe was modified in the style of a Kremer 911ST in the late 2000s, including the installation of steel fender flares, an aluminum decklid, and a repaint in green with yellow and red stripes. Power is supplied by a twin-plug 2.5-liter flat-six equipped with a magnesium case, a high-butterfly MFI system, and 10.5:1 JE pistons mated to a modified 915 five-speed manual transaxle. The car rides on 15×9″ front and 15×11″ rear Fuchs wheels along with RSR-style sway bars, Koni adjustable shocks, and 22m and 28mm torsion bars. The interior houses a roll bar and Recaro ST driver’s seat along with an aftermarket passenger seat, harnesses, and a MOMO steering wheel. It was acquired by the current owner in 2020, and the CV axle gaskets, breather plate gasket and hoses, shifter bushings, and fuel lines were replaced in preparation for the sale. This 911T is now offered in Oregon on dealer consignment with a clean Tennessee title.

. . . fitted with steel fender flares, an aluminum decklid, a replacement rear seat section, and replacement headlight pockets before being refinished in Viper Green with painted yellow and red Kremer-style livery during the initial build in the late 2000s. The fenders and bumpers were modified in an ST style by John Esposito in 2011, and vinyl sponsorship graphics, Porsche stripes, and meatballs have been added to the exterior. Additional equipment includes H4 headlights, front trunk and rear decklid straps, Euro-style taillights, and an electrical shutoff switch.

. . . 15×9″ front Fuchs wheels and custom 15×11″ Fuchs rear wheels are mounted with 18/60 and 26/61 Michelin TB16 tires respectively. Suspension modifications include adjustable Koni shocks, custom RSR-style sway bars with Tarett Engineering drop links, a gusseted front strut brace, Elephant Racing polybronze bushings, aluminum rear trailing arms with adjustable spring plates, bump steer extensions, and 22mm and 28mm torsion bars. Braking is handled by four-wheel discs with 911S aluminum calipers.

. . . Recaro ST driver’s seat and aftermarket passenger seat are upholstered in black leatherette with corduroy inserts and equipped with harnesses with sewn Repa patches attached to anchors on the rear parcel shelf. A bolt-in roll bar is fitted behind the seats and lightweight door panels have been added. The custom dash plaque features a John Fitzpatrick signature.

. . . MOMO three-spoke steering wheel frames VDO instrumentation consisting of a 180-mph speedometer, a 10k-rpm tachometer, and gauges for fuel level, oil level, oil temperature, and oil pressure. A rev limit light has been added in place of the analog clock. The speedometer was repaired in July 2017, and the five-digit odometer shows 4,700 miles. Total chassis mileage is unknown.

. . . 2.5L flat-six was built in 2010, reportedly using a magnesium case, and it features twin-plug ignition and a high-butterfly MFI system. Additional components are said to include the following parts:
    • 66mm crankshaft
    • 10.5:1 compression JE pistons and nikasil cylinders
    • GE40 camshafts
    • 38mm throttle bodies
    • JB Racing distributor
    • ITG air filter system
    • Custom oil cooler system with crossover hard lines
    • Stainless-steel headers
    • Custom dual-outlet exhaust system
    • Twin Bosch CDI boxes
    • 7,500-rpm rev limiter

The MFI system was tuned by Moorespeed of Austin, Texas in 2014, at which time the starter and distributor were rebuilt and engine seals were replaced. The breather plate gasket, breather hoses, and fuel lines were replaced in preparation for the sale, and compression test results are viewable in the gallery.

Power is routed to the rear wheels through a 915 five-speed manual transaxle, which was resealed in 2014. A replacement clutch was also installed at that time, while the shifter bushings were replaced in preparation for the sale
    . . .'

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...911t-coupe-11/

.................................................. ....

'. . . 1970 Porsche 911T coupe has been refurbished and modified over the past 20 years in the style of the works 911 RSR that was driven by Leo Kinnunen in the 1973 Targa Florio. The exterior was altered with a mix of fiberglass and metal RSR-style modifications, and suspension was upgraded. Supertec Performance built the 3.4-liter flat-six, which has JE pistons, WebCam 20/21 camshafts, Carrera tensioners, a Steve Wong chip, SSI heat exchangers, and a Dansk muffler. A later-model 915 gearbox was also installed along with a Wevo shifter, and the car rides on 9″ and 11″-wide Braid wheels. Inside a bolt-in roll bar, RS-style details, Recaro Rallye II seats, and a MOMO steering wheel were added. Driven approximately 10k miles since the owner acquired it in 2020, this longhood 911T coupe is now offered at no reserve on dealer consignment in Arizona with service records, a scale model, and a clean California title.

. . . car began as a non-sunroof 911T coupe built by Karmann, and in 2017 metal Turbo rear flares were added along with a fiberglass engine cover with an integrated ducktail spoiler, RSR-style bumpers, and RSR-style front fenders. It was then painted Silver Metallic with a #9 Martini livery from the 1973 Targa Florio. The factory latches were retained both front and rear, and rubber hold-downs were added along with European-style turn lenses and Bosch H4 headlights.

The car rides on a modified suspension with the following components:
    • Hollow torsion bars 22mm front / 29mm rear
    • TRG 22mm front and rear sway bars
    • Tarett Engineering links
    • Front strut brace
    • Front Koni adjustable dampers
    • Bilstein rear shocks
    • Turbo-specification tie rods
    • Rebuilt A-arms
    • Front monoball strut mounts
    • Adjustable spring plates

Braid 15×9 and 11″ wheels are mounted with 215/55 front and 295/40 rear Michelin tires. Ate calipers are mounted at each corner along with braided stainless-steel lines.

Recaro Rallye II seats have Tartan inserts, and RS-style carpeting and door panels were added along with Rennline floorboards. A later-model dashboard was added, with the lower portion recovered in Alcantara, and the headliner was also redone in Alcantara. The radio was removed and a bolt-in roll bar with attachment points for harnesses was added.

MOMO steering wheel and 964-sourced gauges were also installed along with an oil warning light. The six-digit odometer shows 22k miles, approximately 10k of which were added under current ownership. Total mileage is unknown.

Supertec Performance rebuilt the 1986-model 3.2-liter flat-six to displace 3.4 liters in 2003 with the following components:
    • JE 9.5:1-compression pistons
    • WebCams 20/21 camshafts
    • Supertech studs
    • EBS Racing valve springs with titanium retainers
    • Carrera tensioners
    • Upgraded oil pump
    • Turbo valve covers
    • SSI heat exchangers
    • Focus 9 Technologies ECU with Steve Wong chip
    . . .'

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...911t-coupe-59/