Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Early Fuch Identification and Valuation Help

Early Fuch Identification and Valuation Help

Hi there,

Looking for some help identifying the wheels on my '69.

The fronts are PN 901.361.012.04 which appear to be 15x5.5 and would have come on a '68 S. Both fronts are date stamped 5/69.

The rears are more of a mystery as I don't see many markings. They are definitely 7" wide, and I *think* they are 7R's, but how I can I be sure without the part number? I see what appear to be '67' and '44' on the back.

What other pictures can I add to make this easier for the collective group to provide insight?

Thanks.

Name:  IMG_9763.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  162.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_9764.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  177.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_9765.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  179.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_9766.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  111.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_9767.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  127.8 KB

Those wheels are fakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Breazeale View Post
    Those wheels are fakes.
    Wow! Learn something new every day. What's the giveaway?

Mmm they look original to me. If you don’t see any welds. And if the size is 7x15. The wheels are 7R in my opinion. The numbers were often erased because early 7R wheels are ink stamped number wheels. The ink fades away

Quote Originally Posted by 911E fan View Post
    Mmm they look original to me. If you don’t see any welds. And if the size is 7x15. The wheels are 7R in my opinion. The numbers were often erased because early 7R wheels are ink stamped number wheels. The ink fades away
    Thanks for chiming in. They are very light also, which leads me to believe they are forged. Any other identifying information I could look for?

Just looking at the inside barrels, and what stamps I can barely see, looks like real 7R to me as well.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Quote Originally Posted by 911E fan View Post
    I just removed my foot from my mouth. They just didn't look quite right to me because of the, what appears to be, a rough finish like cast wheels on the back side of the pedals and I just shot from the hip. I know better than to do that! The last time I have actually had some 7R wheels, I sold 4 them to a very well known member of this forum for $1,500.00 for all 4. I thought that was an insane amount of money, as it was almost 2 1/2 times the going price for a set of 4 deep 6s. He, immediately, sold 2 of them for the same $1,500.00 and put the 2 remaining wheels on this 67S. I guess I sold the too cheap. I think they are still on that car. I might have some of the details a bit wrong, as it was decades ago. We are still friends. He is welcome to chime in, it will be up to him. Sorry for any confusion caused by my bonehead response. As I said earlier, I know better.

Humbly

Jim

Thanks, all.

What additional photos or evidence would need to be provided to give a buyer comfort that these are in fact real 911R 15x7 Fuchs?

Quote Originally Posted by Brbrbr View Post
    Thanks, all.

What additional photos or evidence would need to be provided to give a buyer comfort that these are in fact real 911R 15x7 Fuchs?
    None unless you wanted to dismount the tires to show the barrels in profile. Other than that, a careful clean of the interior might reveal where the original 6 cast marks might have been ground off or faint indications of the original ink stamps.

I agree, they are no longer in original finish but, they haven’t been mucked with bigly.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Did a little more clean up, but didn’t reveal any stamps unfortunately. It does look like two petals have been ground down on the back, which I think is consistent with how Porsche made these. I can also see the remnants of what look like a part number.

Do these photos give any additional confidence to anyone?

Looks like the dates appear to be 6-70. What about the ‘44’?

Thanks.

Name:  IMG_9831.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  195.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_9832.jpg
Size:  154.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_9833.jpg
Size:  131.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_9836.jpg
Views: 161