Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast

Thread: Where are all these 2.4 S now? Here are some stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Kismet View Post
    9113300677 is for sale and will be listed on Bring a Trailer in the next week or two, it has its matching number engine still installed and original trans casing included
    The blue California plates 007 JSV are, to the best of my knowledge, the original number issued by DMV in 1973, they are photographer on the car in 1978
    I will also post this in the For Sale section

Attachment 611488

Thank you ... right about the time to put the MFI back
    Member #2768 http://www.no-speedlimit.it

• 1973 Biancaneve - 911 2.4 S/F Ivory
    • 1977 Fiona - 911 Carrera 3.0 Oak Green Metallic
    • 1993 Bellatrix - 964 Turbo 3.6 Black

I keep a registry of 1972 and 1973 2.4 S coupé chassis. Infos always welcome!!!

Instagram
    Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by 911kiwi View Post
    Niushork,
    I previously owned 911 330 0278. It is a RHD UK delivered, sunroof coupe, with factory e-windows and originally Sporto transmission, but converted to 5 speed manual early in its life. Original paint Aubergine, fitted with leather sports seats.
    Not currently on the road and hiding somewhere in New Zealand.

Hi Kiwi, thanks for your update ... can you please share a picture of 0278? Krgds. M.
    Member #2768 http://www.no-speedlimit.it

• 1973 Biancaneve - 911 2.4 S/F Ivory
    • 1977 Fiona - 911 Carrera 3.0 Oak Green Metallic
    • 1993 Bellatrix - 964 Turbo 3.6 Black

I keep a registry of 1972 and 1973 2.4 S coupé chassis. Infos always welcome!!!

Instagram
    Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Kismet View Post
    9113300677 is for sale and will be listed on Bring a Trailer in the next week or two, it has its matching number engine still installed and original trans casing included
    The blue California plates 007 JSV are, to the best of my knowledge, the original number issued by DMV in 1973, they are photographer on the car in 1978
    I will also post this in the For Sale section

Attachment 611487

Attachment 611489

Attachment 611488

Attachment 611491

Attachment 611490
    Very cool car. Also sad that I never got to see it in person at EASY. Those California blue plates are closer to 1974-5 issue by my estimation but still neat to see. My ‘72 had plates that started with “F” and a good friend had a ‘73 that started with “H”. Maybe it sat on the lot for a while? GLWS
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Sorry I didn't get to meet you at Easy Peter, I came along rather late with my son,
    Ref the plates I was told that the 73 cars did hang around longer than before, it may have been something to do with the fuel crisis, I don't know. I understand that the silver cars suffered when sitting at the port in Texas, the strong sun causing the the paint to check. Maybe that's why the car was colour changed. If you are up this way you are more than welcome to come and take a look at the car, I'm in Pleasanton

Auckland, New Zealand. And Los Angeles, USA.
    Biancaneve,
    I’m trying to track down 278. It hasn’t been on the road since the beginning of 2021 and has changed hands a a few times since I sold it. Will keep you posted.
    Kiwi
    1972 911S
    1967 912
    1959 356A Conv D
    Early S Registry # 306

Quote Originally Posted by 911kiwi View Post
    Biancaneve,
    I’m trying to track down 278. It hasn’t been on the road since the beginning of 2021 and has changed hands a a few times since I sold it. Will keep you posted.
    Sportomatic 9113300278 was first registered in the UK in October 1972 The original motor number was 6339048. Aubergine as you say. first registered with licence plate 1JBC which would’ve been a personalised plate of some value in that format ( three letters preceded by 1), in fact probably very valuable fetching six figures for such a prestige licence plate if it came up for sale today I suppose? 1 with three digits is earlyish in UK vehicle licence numbering system.

There were I believe 27 rhd Sportomatic 911 TES delivered to the UK during model year 1973. Of which, just two Sportomatic S coupes delivered in the UK that year plus one more was a Sportomatic S but a Targa. The latter’s configuration was actually more expensive than a rhd Carrera RS M471 Sport and perhaps even more expensive than what was seen as the top of range RS M472 Touring which due to having S trim was more expensive than the Sport! 911 Targa was only available first time in RHD for model year 73 so that example is unique unless another 911 Sportomatic Targa S went to a rhd market like Aus NZ SA HK ?

This is a magazine advert for the Earl’s Court British motor show held October 1972
    Name:  IMG_3535.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  89.7 KB

I think I might have the original British press release regarding the rhd targa and I certainly do have an original black and white press photo print of the targa in rhd its by the importers preferred photographer. His Ink stamp is on the reverse. Also have a period magazine review of 73 911 Targa —rhd E model (not an S) featured in launch press — importers reprint of magazine road test of 73 that was used by them as a dealer brochure. Rare literature that probably better with one the 73 911 rhd targa rarities rather than gathering dust on my shelf.

I understand there were four Sportomatic S coupes imported to UK by concessionaire PCGB during model year 1972; I have a friend who owns one of the four think he is just its second owner and keeps it in clean condition still in Sportomatic S coupe form. Afaik no lhd S Targa 911 imported by Porsche GB to UK in Sportomatic S form that model year.
    Hth

Steve
    Last edited by 911MRP; 02-03-2024 at 06:47 PM.

Auckland, New Zealand. And Los Angeles, USA.
    Hi Steve,

This is fascinating! Yes, that was the engine number which was in the car when I owned it. I'm uncertain of the current condition of "1JBC" but it would definitely be worth finding given it's rarity.
    There is a RHD 1973 Targa currently being restored here in NZ. It's ex-UK. The chassis number confirms it as an S but the original engine is no longer with it, replaced with an E-spec engine.
    Kiwi
    1972 911S
    1967 912
    1959 356A Conv D
    Early S Registry # 306

I suppose if it’s GB 73 it’s the unique sporto S targa I mentioned. I probably have it’s chassis and original motor details also note of it’s original colour and the licence plate when first registered in uk in 73 which in turn could point to its supplying dealer ( that’s if it was not a cherished personal plate where the vehicle licensing office becomes obscured.) Seems the first owner really wanted that spec and was prepared to pay — that configuration was twice price of brand new e-type jaguar. Or maybe importer PCGB felt they obliged to take one as demonstrator I assume they along with importers in other markets had to push for factory to even make a rhd targa in the final year before G series refresh ?

However in fairness to current owner I won’t post here as ESR is open on www — I chipped in to posts about your former car since most details were already written but to be fair to owner of this different perhaps unique car I won’t initiate sharing specifics as they might not want such details made public in a forum. Do you know the owner?
    Last edited by 911MRP; 02-03-2024 at 07:22 PM.

Steve
    we got 4 RHD S 5 speed targas in 1973 and 2 RHD S sporto Targas in Australia/ NZ. One was Gulf Orange and the other Silver
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.

Early S Registry #776

The sole rhd sporto s targa that Porche Cars GB imported in model year 73 was green — the source I have says “emerald?” green.