Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: '65 911 Wipers

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the reply.

You are showing page 9/4B, which is the 1968 page (dated 6/67?), which does indeed have a left and right and both bosch as well as swf arms indicated.

Do you have the page I have pictured below? It's 9/4, which only shows 2 part numbers for the wiper arms, w/ no manufacturer shown, and this page is dated 6/66 I've only found SWF versions of the silver arm, no Bosch. The bend is the same amount of angle for either one on my originals. Part number left: 901.628.929.00, and right: 901.628.930.00

For the blade there is 2 part numbers, one for Bosch and one for SWF. I copied the SWF as it was the one one I found in parts bins at Emory, and on my own cars, I never found a silver old Bosch blade. I also found NOS SWF blades s from Emory quite a few years ago, and they were w/ Porsche labels. So, SWF for me was the easiest path and they appeared to be the ones in all the factory images.

Regards,
    Eric
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Just a thought, but when we owned a very early 65 (300423) back in the 80's/90's the wiper motor went out. Couldn't find one for such an early 65 (no internet). Ended up putting in a latter model motor and assembly, so the wipers now sat on the other side. Just something to check.
    69 911S #1379
    65 356 SC #130757

Another example of the early cars.

Another 1964 car, 300113.
    Parks left.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Bob
    Early S Reg #370

My '65 is a late January build date (#300338). An early picture I have shows the wipers parked on the passenger side. I purchased the car in '94 and the wipers were still parked the same way.

Name:  undated.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  346.3 KB

Name:  1994.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  509.3 KB

Just my 2 cents...

Cheers!

SWB, Nothing better....
    CraigF #2695

Ressurecting this thread:
    Does anyone know the correct parked location for the wiper blades on May 1965 built 911. My car 301104 parks on the drivers side. Anyone have a car close in production that can chime in?
    Thank you for any feedback.
    Last edited by Burzel55; 07-15-2021 at 05:44 PM. Reason: adding description

At the beginning all LHD cars had the parking position on the right side and all RHD cars on the left. The original Monte Carlo Rallye car had the RHD position, because otherwise the water was again and again running up the windscreen. That effect was wellknown to the Porsche people and the reason for the later changed parking position. Later, because they had first to use up the wiperarms, caused by the bend (more LHD cars).
    Also the first 911S had the Wipers parked on the right side and had silver colour. The ´68 models had the colours changed to black and also the the location of the wipers.

My car was built in May of 1965 and the wipers park to the left. Motor doesn't appear to have ever been removed. Anyone else with a late May build that cam chime in. My car is 301104, May 24, 1965 completion.
    Member #704
    911 May 1965 Black/ black
    911S April 1972 Gemini Blue/ Tan

If I am notcompletely wrong, it´s not necessary to remove the motor, only to change some electric connections (and the wiperarms). Many cars changed the parking position for better comfort during driving in the rain. (Wipers parked in front of the driver avoid the water running up the windscreen.)

Car 301318, Kardex recorded date 6/1/65, essentially a late May car - parks on right.