Quote Originally Posted by Demetri View Post
The saga continues. I purchased a 2 liter solex long block to trade for the original motor in the UK. The deal went south. The UK says the engine is no longer for sale. Too much going on in my life to play games, so I gave up on trying to get it. The 2 liter I purchased arrived a few weeks ago. The owner told me it spins freely and appears to be a well preserved motor. My mechanic got around to looking at it last weekend. The motor is frozen. A half cup water and milk drained from pan. I spoke to the owner. He claims he didn't know and that I still got a good motor for the price and that I can sell it for 10k no problem. I got 9k into it right now. Whatever. That is not what I wanted to hear...more games. I am not sure what I should do at this point. Thinking of having my mechanic open it and documenting how far from a well preserved free spinning motor it is and trying to get some money back from the seller. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you!

There sure are a lot of bad actors in our hobby. You may need to reveal the name of this one.