Page 102 of 296 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 2954

Thread: What Did You Do to Your 911 Today?

Damn lucky! On another note around here "William Robert" would claim you poached his deer and fought you for the carcass.

Sorry 'bout the car. I still miss my '85 every now and then.

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

nemo me impune lacessit Kris Clewell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sithot View Post
    Damn lucky! On another note around here "William Robert" would claim you poached his deer and fought you for the carcass.

Sorry 'bout the car. I still miss my '85 every now and then.

Tom
    its okay. it really was the seed of where I am today....which, back on topic.... is here:

thats a bit of oil on the piston there.
    -Kris Clewell

Professional photojournalist

red decklid club member #1

I like this better. Nice. A few parts left, eh?
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

yeah. cylinder heads mon/tue then I'm all done buying parts for the most part I imagine. thank God.
    -Kris Clewell

It's a beautiful thing Kris. Billy Bob would approve.

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

here is kind of a cool comparison to show what has to be done to the heads to work with the 98mm bore size. one is factory, and one is the new head with the machine work.

-Kris Clewell

Quote Originally Posted by Jens View Post
    Yup Tom, I think we're very lucky; lots of wildlife out there. You've got to keep your eyes open. If we'd been driving the truck we would had hit it but would have been ok. As it is, I woke up with a tweaked back for my efforts, but we got away clean.

Be careful out there.
    Shorts staining episodes are memories long after OxyClean has done its job. I was driving the tangerine on a back road last year and came around a corner only to find a tree laying across my lane and an oncoming car in the left lane. Split second decision to brake or have enough room to pass into oncoming vehicle. Stayed on the go pedal and steered around the tree with a little wag. Stopped the car and the other driver helped move the fallen tree to the side of the road. Yikes!
    Joe

--------
    '69 E Targa "Roxie"
    Early S #937

Quote Originally Posted by Jens View Post
    Made a Costco run in the little White car today and generally made a nuisance of myself with the loud pedal in and around the big city (I'm a mountain boy).

Anyway, it was on the way home in the passing lane on the highway in the dark doing what felt like 85 but I'm sure we were doing the speed limit. Just as we were coming up on a slightly slower car a big black figure came tearing across our path about 50 feet ahead. I had a fraction of a second to gauge the distance between what looked like an adult male black bear and the other car before I wrenched the wheel right to avoid hitting it then left so as not to hit the other car and then recover. It was amazing that we didn't hit the beast, or the car, or the guard rail on either side. I had no time to even lift. No other I've ever owned could have made that maneuver and come away intact, and I've owned damn near 150 cars. Gawd bless the little White RatBastard (and quick reflexes). Wholley Krapp!!
    Believe me it sucks, even if you're in a dually. I hit 500# male black bear about a year ago at 70 on the interstate right before a bridge. To make things worse, the truck hit the bear out in front so I was doomed to run over it. Hit it with one side and up on two wheels I went. It was all I could do to keep it on the bridge. Truck was a bit older but super clean... doomed to total. So glad you didn't hit it in your car. That could have been very, very bad.

To make this a relevant post, I unpacked my front and rear brake hoses I received from PMB. I figured I'd replace the rear now before I install engine/trans.
    72 911S Targa #0807 95+% German.

Paul Harrop 12.5% German.

Early S #2059

member #1515
    The problem with our cars is due to the low nose, stuff tends to end up coming through the windshield. Look at those Safari cars they had steel bars in front of the windshield for a reason.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

Wow Joe, sounds like you got away with one too. I kept my foot in it same as you. Braking at that critical moment would have meant a different outcome.

On topic, What Did You Do to Your 911 Today?

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183