Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fun go'n on at Gunnar

Jagermeister information

The photo at Laguna is John Byrne's (very cool) Original Factory 1974 Jagermeister RSR.

I'm sure John now understands, his Jagermeister RSR was not the Kremer RSK that won the 1000 KM at the "Ring"! That car in the photos is not our car!! Hence the black seats and door panels VS our original Orange and Green interior from the original 0005. The Roitmayer RSR is not our 0005 and I hear it does have the same serial number.......O well....but maybe your news (previous post) of the Roitmayer car could actually be some sort of Jagermeister car anyway!! That would be good news for the current owner of that car?!!

Here's another tidbit to look at in all your great searching.....our 0005 does not have the torsion bar holes in the rear fenders when it was raced in the day (it still doesn't) but Johns car has em in the day when it was raced.....the good news is nobody was trying to fool anybody in those days so the photos don't lie ....or even bullshi_ anybody!!

I'm thinkin the roll bar photos you talk about are just an illusion, the high bar looks that way because that car has a window banner.....the photo with the low bar doesn't, so it does look a bit lower, but if you add the banner it will be in the same location....just my thought!

Keep it up rehgra you are doing a fine job helping.....PM me and I will send you a official Jagermeister prize....U see, we were sponsored by Jagermeister with our 966 at the Miami GP about a million years ago. I still have some goodies from that race!! We at Gunnar also restored the Kremer 935 that was also sponsored by the Orange guys....did I tell you that we also restored one of the Jagermeister 962's.....not that I'm any kind of a Jagermeister Expert but we can tell you this much..........none of the Jagermeister cars we have been lucky enough to be around are the same color orange! The RSK we just restored had 3 different color Oranges on it........HELLO.... 3 different Orange colors. I'm guessing when Schimph was sitting in our car a month back in Monterey, he didn't even care what color it was....he was trying to get over the fact that it still had the original interior that "he" ordered Kremer to install!!!

KJ

I hope the forum folks are enjoying these post about a very special group of our "Beloved" Porsche racing Histories
    Last edited by gumby1953; 09-11-2012 at 08:42 AM.

Thanks, rehgra, for posting the link to this picture. Here's a story about the one photo labeled "First Race Nurburgring 1974" (second down on the left)...

Back in the olden days (before the interweb), we used the mail, the phone and magazine/newsletter ads for much of our research. I was the one who acquired that photo for Mr. Byrne. I got it by posting an ad in Panorama looking for any photos of the Jagermeister RSR. The year was probably 1987 or 1988. I got one hit. Via the phone and then the mail, I exchanged correspondence with a very nice gentleman back East (in New Jersey, if I remember correctly) who had photos of what he thought was the car I was seeking from when he was in the Army and stationed in Germany. He nicely sent me his ORIGINAL SLIDES. I was thrilled to see them when they arrived and one of them was the photo seen here. Needless to say, ease of research has improved since then!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

The rollbar - take a look:
    The Jägermeister RSK

The Wallys Jeans RSK:

The Schimpf car:

and the Vaillant:

...just an illusion?
    Easier to see in 1974 - the works RSR had the crossbar down on the the drivers side up to the right side like in 1975, the RSK had it diametrically opposite, behind the drivers seat overhead down to the right side.

Btw, the Wallys RSK had the same type seats and door panels like the Jägermeister:

All the pics from the fantastic petrolpics books "Porsche Kremer 1962-2012" and "Grand Tourisme 1970 to 1975".

72Targa - yes, the internet made it much easier these days.

Not only for RSR, 934 and 935 fans: take a look at www.raceline-feustel.de at "mobile Zeitzeugen" - absolutely great.
    Kannacher is btw the reason for my RSR passion - on my way from and to school I had to pass the garages of Kannacher and Tebernum - i was late some times...
    Last edited by rhegra; 09-11-2012 at 12:03 PM.

You know what they say.....I guess I'm blind in one eye and having problems seeing out of the other!

Doesn't make a difference to me anyway because Doren or somebody between the first orange and second orange installed a massive roll cage including side crash bars via FIA rules. I now (thanks to you and your first photo) can see who cracked the base of the spare 906 passenger seat (wasn't actually made for anyone to sit it!!) in 0005...it looks like some girl was getting out from maybe a lap or she was just posing for a photo.......thank god we had guys like you Peter who either took photos or saved them for guys to see or use (like Mr Byrne's photo board). Just think what we would do trying to prove what we have, that can only demand things from the past for photo documentation...... or even, some parts I have to prove certain mysteries from the past!! The Wallys car, is of course, the sister to the 0005 Jager car. It is serial number 0004, and yes the interior was orange where the 0005 cars seat color was green and the green was the opposite....still very cool because those seats were the first modern racing seats seen in the day of late 1974 and 1975. Porsche had not introduced the head and shoulder supported seat yet (Recaro Lolipop) as we called em in da US of A!

You-all that are watching this Miller Post (thanks Chuck) should thank "rehgra" for adding all this information to be seen. I bet many of you didn't know how cool and how smart the Kremer Bros really were......wanna talk about the Kremer built 935's....you got a month??

KJ

You should've see the rollcage in 9073 when it arrived in the Bay Area from Hong Kong. The car had 935 bodywork and had a full cage made of ALUMINUM. Beautiful to look at and completely UNSAFE.
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa

The 935 bodywork 9073 had even in his last year with Schimpf

Note: Toni Fischabers RSR is even road registered.
    Last edited by rhegra; 09-11-2012 at 11:28 PM.

Awesome photos rhegra,

Who is this masked man?

Keep bringing it to the forum! !Do you want contacts for Herr Schimph?

He needs you in his PR groupe!

KJ

Time for a celebratory shot of Jager...
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa

Jager-bombs.....away!!

1975 Porsche-Kremer 911 RSK 3.0 Carrera

Just a little update on this old post. The GT Class winner of the 1975 Nurburgring 1000KM, this Porsche-Kremer RSR was on the track at Rennsport Reunion V, driven by Jurgen Barth.

Here are some pictures (the first three were taken by Dennis Gray):
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Here is a pic in the paddock, with the original spare tire, and the original front left fender (that both remained with the car through the years), still with Edgar Doren 1976 Valvoline livery (with original Jagermeister Orange showing through underneath):
    image.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by alarson11; 04-30-2016 at 08:51 AM.
    LOOKING FOR:
    ENGINE Nos: 4080191, 911669
    GEARBOX Nos: 9282004, 131410, 115639

1967 Porsche 911 P.A.R.T. Trans Am Rally Kit #308107
    1968 Porsche 911S Sebring GT class winner #11800224
    1971 Porsche 911S Targa Conda Green
    1973 Porsche 2.8 RSR ex-Targa Florio, 2xLeMans #9113600894