Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Technical Bulletin Help

Technical Bulletin Help

German speakers and Technical lit folks.

This is extracted from the top of a Kardex and apparently is a special note for this car regarding door locks. Can someone confirm 128/66 is technical bulletin #128 for 1966 and, hopefully, provide copy or scan of the subject bulletin and post here? Also, can someone guess or know the various abbreviations herein such as "i.O.it.And.... v.KW"? Danke.

-Allen-
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Allen Henderson; 08-22-2012 at 02:01 PM.

** bump **

I am interested in this translation / interpretation as well.

Richard

Türschlösser i.O. lt. And.-Mittlg. 128/66 v. KW Porsche
    i.e
    Türschlösser in Ordnung laut Aenderungs-Mitteilung 128/66 von KW Porsche
    i.e
    Door locks OK as info of (special)-change message 128/66 from KW Porsche
    Last edited by 911T1971; 08-22-2012 at 10:36 PM.
    Registry member No.773

Quote Originally Posted by 911T1971 View Post
    Türschlösser i.O. lt. And.-Mittlg. 128/66 v. KW Porsche
    i.e
    Türschlösser in Ordnung laut Aenderungs-Mitteilung 128/66 von KW Porsche
    i.e
    Door locks OK as info of (special)-change message 128/66 from KW Porsche
    Do you know what "special change messges" are? Are they technical bulletins or something else? What is "KW"? Thanks.

And you're good at this stuff! We've taken R.S. to be rundschreiben, or circular, in the example below. But would rundschreiben be abbreviated R.S., which looks like two words not one? If not rundschreiben what else could it be? Thanks again!

-Allen-
    Last edited by Allen Henderson; 08-23-2012 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr 911E View Post
    Do you know what "special change messges" are? Are they technical bulletins or something else? What is "KW"? Thanks.

-Allen-
    Yes, Aenderungs-Mitteilung is a technical bulletin.

I'm not sure what KW means in this context, possibly Karosseriewerk Porsche?

Quote Originally Posted by clesch View Post
    I'm not sure what KW means in this context, possibly Karosseriewerk Porsche?
    I think so too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr 911E View Post
    But would rundschreiben be abbreviated R.S., which looks like two words not one? If not rundschreiben what else could it be?
    -Allen-
    In this context, I think R.S. means Rundschreiben.
    In german you dont abreviate only two single words but also that through a short letter sentence one long (combined) word sentence is understood. I think in english its possible too.
    Possible that RS was always RennSport and so R.S. was reserved for RundSchreiben.
    Last edited by 911T1971; 08-23-2012 at 09:01 AM.
    Registry member No.773

Thank you Clemens and Karim for this valuable information. One thing very interesting about these is that, out of a few hundred Kardex I've seen, there are less than ten, with writing or printing on the top of the Kardex like these. One is the subject technical bulletin above and all the others I've seen are for the "Modell 1967 deLuxe R.S. Ex. 13/66" ! Although the one below looks like S.R., schreibenrund? !Thanks again.

-Allen-
    Last edited by Allen Henderson; 08-23-2012 at 09:41 AM.

S.R could be SonderReihe
    i.e
    Special serie (US only)

Maybe they for once just confused R.S with S.R. If the person who wrote above kardex was english speaking/based (the writing seems pointing to that), than they might confused S.R. with R.S. At least the apendix "13/66" was similar regardless S.R. or R.S. (just my guess).
    Last edited by 911T1971; 08-23-2012 at 09:59 AM.
    Registry member No.773

Quote Originally Posted by 911T1971 View Post
    S.R could be SonderReihe
    i.e
    Special serie (US only)

Maybe they for once just confused R.S with S.R. If the person who wrote above kardex was english speaking/based (the writing seems pointing to that), than they might confused S.R. with R.S. At least the apendix "13/66" was similar regardless S.R. or R.S. (just my guess).
    Why did you add "(US only)"? The above car was a werks car delivered at the factory. And there were other deLuxes delivered to German dealers. I thought and agree that it is simply R.S. inadvertently switched to S.R. by the writer (who perhaps was not a native German speaker/writer) Thanks.

-Allen-
    Last edited by Allen Henderson; 08-23-2012 at 10:15 AM.

Ok Allen, this IS my fault.
    I thought it was for US market only: Sorry and thx for the important precisions !
    Registry member No.773