Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 175765666768 LastLast

Thread: Going to look at a fantastic 1973 911S tomorrow. Need a bit of advice.

Quote Originally Posted by BOYER73S View Post
    Good to know Ravi as I do have a replacement lock in my 73E at the moment with a black centre and asked about a new lock and as you advised can only buy the 964 part now
    also with black centre

I was wondering if I got the lock cylinder out I wonder if I can polish the black off the face to reveal an original looking lock cylinder?

Did you try that on the cylinder you removed?
    I believe the original lock cylinder face was chromed but usually worn to a dull silver by now from thousands of key insertions. You can get a dull silver by wire brushing the black off the black face ones. It would be tricky, but not impossible to chrome it but it would require an entire disassembly of the lock cylinder and pins.

I actually took the cylinder out of a new one and did just this and inserted it into an old steering lock mechanism. Will be posting that for sale with matching door locks and keys soon. Rose Passion would not even respond to my return request, so this is my way of salvaging something.
    Early 911S Registry # 2395
    1973 Porsche 911S in ivory white 5sp MT
    2015 Porsche Macan S in agate grey 7sp PDK

Quote Originally Posted by frederik View Post
    That exact cam oil line bursted on my T in 2020 when I was on my way to Austria and Stelvio for the ESR Euro 2020 trip. Luckily a local shop in Belgium was able to fix it within a day so I could still join the group the next day. The Porsche dealership in Liege had it in stock which is also quite amazing for a random part for a 50-year old car. You dodged a bullet there!
    It was in stock in the Porsche Canada warehouse. It's used across many years of 911, at least those without hydraulic tensioners. So maybe that's why they stock it. I got a genuine Porsche one and it does not come with the ferrule though. That's annoying.

With several long drives to the US northwest coming up this summer that will start before sunrise and end after sunset, I swapped out John Audette's LED lights that have been serving me well for some very sweet jewelry from Lee del Rosario at 9Eleven. Took 5 months to get, but worth the wait. Absolutely gorgeous from the packaging to the actual manufacturing and the lighting is as good as my Macan, which is to say spectacular.
    I'll be keeping the original restored H4s from John in my basement for future owners and shows and selling his LED lights in the parts classified shortly.

Name:  IMG_2868.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  96.6 KBName:  IMG_2870.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  101.4 KBName:  IMG_2869.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  117.5 KBName:  IMG_2872.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  112.7 KB

So are those plug and play? Or is there other boxes to hide and wiring to be done.?

Plug and play Rick. Took 5 minutes to do each light. Comes with an 8 inch adapter harness that goes from the wiring in the bucket to the light. Tucks away with plenty of room. Interestingly each of these lights has a small fan in them. You can hear it when the car is not running and you are standing at the front. In the car or with the motor running you don't hear them.
    Also came with the good German Porsche rubber sealing rings for around the buckets.

member #1515
    That is an impressive piece of kit.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

The TES handbook print ref date appears to show it was printed several months after the car registered. Not the rarest item of this set but a replacement later perhaps?

How in the world did you get my service book ?
    It was. lost when I bought the car in the 90’s

[lQUOTE=SKM;1143345]Ravi,

Saw the manuals for 9113600250 which you built on Pcarmarket recently with the reserve not met. Perhaps your client who owns RS 250 would want them.

https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/d...re-collection/[/QUOTE]
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Robert D. Groß

Hope you buy it — deserves to be with the no 250. Think the seller gets here sometimes but pretty sure he is a known as seems to buy and sell collectibles a lot maybe Cees or someone in NL has contacts as only one proper place for the service book imo

The sellers name sounds familiar. Him and another fellow named Pete were the chaps that sold me the car back in the 90’s. They told me on the phone they had the books before I purchased 250 and then played dumb afterwards.
    I was searching for years and Cees even did some leg work for me and came up empty handed.
    At least I still have the plate that’s written into the service book that was forwarded to me years later by a kind Dutch service shop.
    Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by 911MRP View Post
    Hope you buy it — deserves to be with the no 250. Think the seller gets here sometimes but pretty sure he is a known as seems to buy and sell collectibles a lot maybe Cees or someone in NL has contacts as only one proper place for the service book imo
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Robert D. Groß