Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: WTB: WRX Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Reza View Post
    utility - Trollhattan style

Attachment 200414
    Your taste in Saabs is questionable, but your dedication to lunacy is admirable.

Is that a 911 motor I see in there?
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Quote Originally Posted by Mr9146 View Post
    I don't lease and I don't buy new.

I like owning my cars and taking a 33% hit for driving off a lot doesn't suit me very well.

However, because of the finance programs new car dealers are offering now the used car selection at dealerships is getting better. I'd still prefer a private party transaction, but a 3-year old certified vehicle with limited warranty is also appealing.
    Well, you will be taking a hit in value no matter what you buy when it comes time to sell, admittedly more on a new car than a 3 year old car but:
    $250 per month for 36 months = $9,000
    New GTI $24,000 minus %40 depreciation after 36 months= $9,600
    So essentially you lost less on a lease than on a purchase (I know you don't buy new) so maybe you should drag your tired old....ahem...to a dealer and at least take a look so you can be dismissive with an education instead of reciting the tired old credo of car collectors that you don't buy new.
    As dealers are reimbursed by the factory for warranty work my experience is they are eager to replace/repair anything, even things that don't need it just to keep you happy and the factory cash flow. Also, we are talking VW here and not FIAT of the 1970s.

Buying a 3 year old enthusiasts car just out of warranty after it has likely been stomped on because you are a mechanic and can fix it is well.....I'll tell you in person... but let me say that if you find parts a tad expensive for our Porsches, you aren't going to like newer car parts prices much either.

marco...why NOT a used Cayenne. Cayenne S for you would be a great ross over of what a porscheman could really enjoy, no matter where you go or if you want to tow.
    [FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]
    Curt Autenrieth
    S Registry # 152

Porsches:
    1.6L 2.7L
    1.8L 3.0L
    2.0L 3.2L
    2.2L 3.4L h20 cooled
    2.4L 3.6L air & h20 cooled
    3.8L

Christian - what do I have show at the end of a lease term? Mileage limits and a car I have to return. Then I'm out $9,600 and have nothing but the memories whereas if I purchase a car I get to keep it. That said, I've never kept a car past five years, but that's mostly been because they're chintzy and a)don't last or b)get stolen. Although I kept my 914/6 for a decade...

Curt - gas prices, dude.
    -Marco

Quote Originally Posted by Mr9146 View Post
    Christian - what do I have show at the end of a lease term? Mileage limits and a car I have to return. Then I'm out $9,600 and have nothing but the memories whereas if I purchase a car I get to keep it. That said, I've never kept a car past five years, but that's mostly been because they're chintzy and a)don't last or b)get stolen. Although I kept my 914/6 for a decade...

Marco, at the end of a lease term you don't have to unload a car that is worth exactly what you owe on it had you bought it. You lose the same either way without the headache of trying to sell a 3 year or five year old car for the loan amount.

If you pay cash upfront you have no leverage and all that capital tied up-think The Donald. $250 a month leaves you your capital free to buy the next basket case that comes along and takes 5 years of your life to put back together.

How about a Tiguan?

My daughter just got a job that provides her a company car so after the 1st of the year the Tiguan goes to a new home.

It was bought new in August 2010 and has 20k miles. The mileage is due to her having been a sales rep for Anheuser Busch but like her old man she's moved into the world of Pharmaceutical sales with all the associated perks. The Tiguan is based on the GTI chassis with the 200HP direct injected turbo 4 cyl, suffice it to say its a hoot to drive. Not as much fun as my R32 with AWD but close...

Includes 3 year service plan and 4 year warranty...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bummler; 11-22-2011 at 10:54 AM.
    Stefan Josef Koch
    RGruppe #194/SRegistry #1063
    1969 Porsche 911E, Light Ivory (38 years and counting)
    2015 Porsche Cayman S
    2012 BMW R1200GS, 1973 BMW R75/5

"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools." -E. Hemingway

Hahaha. Good one. Marco in a Tiger-iguana.
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

How about this for a hot hatch? Great color, low mileage and already has the TLG signature red interior?

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...987-944-a.html

I think you are missing the point Tom, it is $8500 and 42,000 miles. Yes a WRX will run away and hide from it but then a Carrera GT will do the same to the WRX. Say Marco, Tom may have a point afterall, why not just get the Veyron and call it quits.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbeverlyhills View Post
    I think you are missing the point Tom, it is $8500 and 42,000 miles. Yes a WRX will run away and hide from it but then a Carrera GT will do the same to the WRX. Say Marco, Tom may have a point afterall, why not just get the Veyron and call it quits.
    It's a moot point because I won't be owning a 944 anytime soo; they suck to work on and the interiors are chintzy. I just drove a 944 Turbo last week and, while fun, it just doesn't stack up to what I think a Porsche should feel like. The 968s were much better, but even they kinda suck interior-wise. The only decent interior is the 924 Carrera GT...

On your recommendation I went by the VW dealership the other day ... a new GTI was stickered at $27.5K and the arrive and drive lease payment was close to $400/mo. Not only is that double what I am willing to pay each month, a comparably equipped, brand new WRX wagon/hatchback is almost the same price but comes standard with more HP, AWD and more storage space.

My search for a 2002-2007 WRX wagon in World Rally Blue continues...
    -Marco