Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1973 Carrera RS Original Duck Tail

1973 Carrera RS Original Duck Tail

1973 Carrera RS Original Duck Tail. Very good original condition, Steel base. Please email me at: dahearn67@gmail.com. There are also many new parts going up on my website www.Porsport.com this week.

Price: $4,900 plus shipping.

Don

plus shipping.......lol

What is so funny??

Don

member #1515
    It might have something to do with the price.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

They are a lot more expensive in Europe. See elevenparts.com. I did not pull the price out of the sky. They have been selling for higher than I am asking and I am open to an offer. If you do not like the price OR are not a buyer then do not buy it

Don

Quote Originally Posted by Rennman View Post
    If you do not like the price OR are not a buyer then do not buy it

Don
    Or post a superflous comment....
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

Quote Originally Posted by Rennman View Post
    They are a lot more expensive in Europe.

Don
    Think you'll find those are aluminium framed not steel.
    Early 911S Registry #888

Again if you are a buyer you are free to contact me and make an offer. I was told to ask as high as 6k for it. Alloy based lids sell for alot more $$ I did my homework and came up with an ASKING price. Thanks.

Don

I'm a relative newbie to this forum...just the past couple years....but Dang!...it seems the forum is getting harsh... Yesterday I saw some poor guy get slammed for posting a "car for sale" in the "parts for sale" section....an honest mistake....
    .. and now people give commentary on pricing they don't like...

I agree with Rennman.... You don't like the price?... click your "back" button and keep shopping. We're a Porsche brotherhood....save the mockery for the Corvette guys I'm just sayin'.
    "Speed never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that's what get's you."

1973 Austin Mini
    1975 911S 3.2 "the blue goose"
    1973 911E sunroof 3.2

IMHO , good cond. alloy frame ducktails cost more than US 5k. I think eleven parts sold their used unit for 6500 euros. Even at that price , where are any available. His NOS unit was sold also , but on NOS units (later made ...I would guess). I do not think the FG texture is the same , at least the one he had did not seem to be.

This brings a question to my mind , that I have pondered. Is this statement by Gruber & Konradsheim 100% accurate ? (adhered to in every case of production...pre-no. 1001).

(page 79) :

"Once the homologation series was complete , the aluminum frame was replaced with a steel one".

Anyone know a pre-1001 car which is thought to have it's original tail , that is a steel insert unit ?
    Last edited by peekaboo; 11-12-2011 at 06:48 AM.