Page 93 of 94 FirstFirst ... 438391929394 LastLast

Thread: 1973 Sepia 911S

Yes, it was nice to see Candyce at our local Concour event!
    Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White
    2012 991 Platinum Silver ( Gone)
    1971 911T Targa Bahia Red (Gone to France)
    1995 911 Carrera Polar Silver (Gone)

No Affiliation with City of Chicago!

Any üpdates? . . .

We Can Be Heroes

Sorry to see Candyce selling the Sepia car. I hope all's well and best wishes for a good auction outcome.
    bringatrailer listing

Sorry to see Candyce selling the Sepia car. I hope all's well and best wishes for a good auction outcome.
    Sorry as well.... Hoping for the best outcome for the best 'second care taker' that could have ever been...

Best of luck Candyce...
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Hello everyone,

I am just fine and the car is, too. I just got old. I am 75 but don't look 75 nor act 75. It is just the right time to sell Sepia. My shifting has slowed down and increasing I worried about some idiot rear-ending the 911S and destroying that powerful engine.

It was incredibly hard to start the 911S one last time and back her down the driveway. My dream is to find someone who wants something more than just a very nice early 911. Hopefully, it will still be driven, carefully, in 2073.

More to come,
    Candyce
    Candyce
    '73 911S, #9113301365
    Early S Registry #2027

member #1515
    You have been a very good caretaker, I am sure you will find a good buyer for such a well cared for automobile.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

You might remember my 72S was first day Sepia , I wasn’t brave enough when restoring it in 2014 to paint it Sepia, but I’ve always followed your posts Candyce , not only best of luck with the sale , but best of luck in every way

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Simmeth View Post
    . . . Sorry to see Candyce selling the Sepia car. I hope all's well and best wishes for a good auction outcome . . .
    bringatrailer listing
    VIN = 9113301365
    Eng# = 6332137
    Trans# = 7731197
    Prod# = ?

'. . . 1973 Porsche 911S coupe was produced on July 2, 1973, and delivered new to Porsche-Audi at O’Hare in Elk Grove Village, Illinois, where it was purchased new by the current owner’s late husband. It is finished in Sepia Brown over beige leatherette and was optioned with Koni shock absorbers, an engine compartment light, and tinted glass. Power is provided by a 2.4-liter flat-six paired with a five-speed manual transaxle, and other equipment includes 15″ Fuchs alloy wheels, adjustable seats, and a heater. This 911S is now offered in East Durham, North Carolina, on dealer consignment with a Porsche Certificate of Authenticity, a window sticker, the owner’s manual, service records, spare parts, a car cover, and a clean Indiana title in the name of the owner’s trust.

. . . finished in Sepia Brown (415) and features tinted glass and a driver-side mirror. Dents were removed from the front spoiler and rear bumper in 2013, both of which then received paintwork. Bodywork and paintwork on the right quarter panel were also performed at that time.

. . . 15″ Fuchs alloy wheels are mounted with 185/70 Michelin XWX tires showing 2016 date codes. The car was factory equipped with Koni shock absorbers and ventilated disc brakes at all four corners. The front rotors were replaced in 2017.

. . . adjustable front seats are upholstered in beige leatherette, and interior appointments include a locking glovebox, a fire extinguisher, and a heater.

. . . four-spoke leather-wrapped steering wheel frames VDO instrumentation consisting of a 150-mph speedometer, an 8k-rpm tachometer, an analog clock, and gauges for fuel level, oil level, oil temperature, and oil pressure. The five-digit odometer shows 77k miles. The speedometer was repaired for a knocking sound in April 2017.

. . . 2.4-liter flat-six was factory equipped with Bosch mechanical fuel injection and was rated at 210 horsepower. Work in 2017 included refurbishing the CDI box, replacing the CDI harness and spark plug wires, reconditioning the fuel pump, and replacing the main bearing collar and seal as well as the distributor. The alternator belt was replaced in 2021.

. . . window sticker lists delivery to Porsche-Audi at O’Hare as well as options and a total retail price of $10,881.50. Original purchase documents are service records back to new are included in the sale and presented in the gallery along with photos of the car at various events over the last 13 years
    . . .'

Attached Images Attached Images           

We Can Be Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Sepia911S View Post
    . . . I am just fine and the car is, too. I just got old . . .
    We'll all get there sometime, Ms Candyce. We only get to have our cars --- or anything . . . for a little while

Our cars are destined to out-last us (hopefully) . . .

. . . that's just how it is

Meanwhile --- thank you for coming here and sharing your car with us while you had it

(Hopefully the Next Lucky Owner will, as well)

Your car is spectacular --- and I hope your BaT auction knocks it outta the park!

We Can Be Heroes

A storied car. GLWS
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100