Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: WTB: ‘65-66 Solex cross bars and linkages

The drop link is the linkage between the carburetor and the cross bar. The solex and 906 drop links are longer than the Weber drop links. The pull rod between the cross bar and the accelator rod is also longer than the Weber one.

OK, thanks for the explanation!

Olivier.

Quote Originally Posted by rcnagel View Post
    ... I'm actually very close now.... I have all the tabs ready and just perfected the factory crimp at the end of the cross bar tube. I had considered doing a CNC insert that looked like the crimp, but the weld showed through the plating....I'll let you know when they are ready, I'm planning a first batch of ten.
    Just touching base. How are they coming along?

I'm waiting on custom rivet ball studs coming from Germany. I've got the tabs, appropriate metric tubing, roller crimper, inner welding method, 13mm ball end mill and welding jig.

I hope to post the finish product soon.

Casey,

Please let me know the items that you have for the 65 911 Solex system and prices. I need complete systems for 2 cars.

Thanks
    Charles

Producing New Lot of Linkages

I'm production 15 set of linkages for Solex 911's. Most, if not all, are pre-sold already. There is a chance if I have enough materials and interest, I could do another batch of ten. This set includes both drop links from the cross bar to the carbs and the pull rod from the cross bar to the pivot on the manifold.

On these I have sourced that last 300 ball end fittings in the Din "A" style that was original to the period. The Din "B" style is the current type that can be bought from Porsche and Porsche after market venders. The company that makes them said they are not planning to stock the Din "A" anymore. I've also have custom nuts made to match the originals exactly. Please see the upper linkage in the picture. This is an original shaft with new hardware.

I will be contacting many of you who have contacted me in the last year or so to finalize quantities. I'm also trying to decide if I should go to the trouble of plating the parts? I know most of you will be re-plating the parts with the rest of the engine hardware.

Thanks for you interest.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm ready for a set, too. Just PM or email me, and let me know if prepayment or anything else is necessary.

I will take a set if available

Rcnagel,

Where are you located?
    IF you really want to split hairs in halves, you can source a bunch of DIN parts from companies in Germany, Kipp, Maedler to name just 2 of them....

Regards

Olivier.

I too need crossbar/drop links/bellcrank etc