Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nadella Half Shaft Needle Bearing

Not to hijack the thread but does anyone have an idea as to when Porsche went from the Nadella shafts to Lobro shafts?
    Stefan Josef Koch
    RGruppe #194/SRegistry #1063
    1969 Porsche 911E, Light Ivory (38 years and counting)
    2015 Porsche Cayman S
    2012 BMW R1200GS, 1973 BMW R75/5

"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools." -E. Hemingway

About the middle of 66. Someone might have a service bulletin with the exact date

Regards

Jim

If you download products catalog from Nadella Website (needle bearings) and check on bottom of page 25, you'll find a table with the "CN" bearings mentioned, and a (*) telling "dimensions on request"...

Other standards needle cup bearings can be found with 24mm OD, and 18mm ID , but they have not exactly the same dimensions in lenght

Check for BK1812 and BK1816

Concerning this funny sring washer, no mention in the catalog at all... I guess one would have to ask Nadelle if they still have some or still make them.
    From my own experience, with NLA bearings, classic manufacturers won't even bother to answer you, UNLESS you speek about thousands parts. Even with thousands, their interest and responsiveness is far from "excited"...

If there was a market for refurbishment kits, Chris'solution would be the best IMHO!

Would anybody post some pics of the "sports purpose shafts" discussed ? Are they the same as the 904/906 shafts?

Olivier.

Olivier,

I have checked with IKO, INA and NKE, so far without finding an equivalent.

It is interesting that this bearing seems to have 'loose rollers' which are grease retained and I also have an enquiry about just buying rollers if cages look intact.

I have ordered the 60 bearings.

I found the catalogue with CN Bearings yesterday and asked Nadella UK for pricing/availability - but no answer yet, which is why I tried the guys I know who buy 'obsolete' bearings

Chris, I will sign up for a rebuild set should you make these available. Thanks Joris

The bearings that are available are relatively expensive and as yet I haven't found a lower cost alternative.

The Sprring Washer appears to be unavailable.

I have started pricing up to produce the Spring Washer and so far have pricing for the laser cut blank, the stamp to produce the correct marking but don't have the price of the press tool as yet.

So far it looks OK by I am concerned that the press tool will be relatively high for a part that is hidden under the car.

If there are other cars that use them it may be possible to spread the cost a little further?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Breazeale View Post
    About the middle of 66. Someone might have a service bulletin with the exact date

Regards

Jim
    Thanks Jim... Trying to calculate the build date on an independently imported car from Holland my brother bought new and I owned for a short period in the very early 70's. I have the VIN somewhere I just can't find it.
    Stefan Josef Koch
    RGruppe #194/SRegistry #1063
    1969 Porsche 911E, Light Ivory (38 years and counting)
    2015 Porsche Cayman S
    2012 BMW R1200GS, 1973 BMW R75/5

"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools." -E. Hemingway

Hello,

for your information:
    The retaining spring washer is fixed to the Nadella CN1813 needle bearing housing. It is NO extra part!

Best
    Claudius

That's great news I asked my supplier if the washer was included and they said it was just the bearing.

I now realise that the 'washer' shown is integrated onto the housing so the units I have on order will be good to go.

Thank you.
    Last edited by chris_seven; 01-31-2013 at 03:38 PM.

Chris,

Does thet mean that the parts you ordered have the washer or not? Sorry, but my english has its limits...

Have you tried to contact Nadell Germany directly???

Olivier.