I know a few of you have been following the story of the car over on the DDK forum since it arrived here in the UK from Gib's care in Arizona, so now I've started the engine build I thought I run a thread with some details.

Just spent the last week with Neil Bainbridge at BS Motorsport helping put the motor together. We decided to do a full competition RSR engine, the level of Neil's attention to detail is incredible and the tolerances he works to are unbelievable. The cases are 930 which are homologated for the RSR, they have had the usual mods for oil bypass and so on, together with extensive windage work for the gas flowing. Black coated with a low friction protective Formula 1 engine finish only 20 microns thick.

The Carillo rods went onto the 70.4 crank beautifully confirming it's in great standard/standard condition, we only had it polished and then balanced with the flywheel, clutch and bearings.

The inter-gear is a bit special in that the chain drive gears are lightweight aluminum racing ones, and the main drive gear is a lightweight straight cut version.

The picture below shows the shuffle pinned cases with the crank, rods and lightweight intergear in situ with the high flow GT3 oil pump with a modified scavenge pipe and strainer so as to keep a flat early sump plate, like an original RSR. Even the sleeve which connects the intergear to the oil pump is modified, instead of the usual circlips to keep it in place which are unreliable and can break in race engines, the sleeve is pinned inside to stop it from sliding, no nasty bits to fall off!

Cases go together and the final view of inside before the pistons and cylinders go on.

For the DDK thread: http://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/vie...er=asc&start=0