Page 78 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultimate ST thread

I would like to ask about the 1081 and its engine. As I understand it, the numbering of the engine is 632, which corresponds to a 911 S "Standard" engine. Ok, but the vehicle is shown as double ignition etc... Is this vehicle one of the 21 ST recognized race/customer? That motor was modified in Max? And in that case... Was the engine upgraded and is it an S/T with engine upgrade but with "2.4 S engine numbering"?
    according to the page... It was already delivered to max with the "specification"... How would it be possible for a 632 to have double ignition from the factory? Are there more cases like this?

https://www.classic-trader.com/uk/ca...st/1972/207466

on the 911 230 1019 of Julio Gargallo. What history do you currently have? I am trying to trace its history through images but I am not sure where the vehicle is right now or if it underwent any transformation. I have several photos collected from different web pages... I would like to clarify a little about 1019
    Name:  accidente.jpg
Views: 927
Size:  50.5 KBName:  accidentedetalle.jpg
Views: 929
Size:  38.4 KB
    same car...?
    Name:  el aspecto mas nuevo pregunta.jpg
Views: 849
Size:  130.8 KB
    is this the same car with a different license plate? I look at the front bumper.
    *is this the same car with a different license plate? I look at the front bumper. Is this the registration of the vehicle when it was registered?
    Name:  CradyJuanGemar_image047.jpg
Views: 868
Size:  50.9 KB
    https://www.kitcar43.com/producto/po...-kc43-factory/
    If this license plate is Spanish, the license plate and what is stated in the DGT database do not match. According to the registration of this car it corresponds to a SEAT
    Name:  crady.jpg
Views: 852
Size:  36.4 KB
    In 1977, cars from 1972 were still used to race? They would have several improvements I understand
    Name:  CradyJuanGemar_image025.jpg
Views: 854
Size:  48.5 KBName:  CradyJuanGemar_image046.jpg
Views: 846
Size:  47.8 KBName:  CradyJuanGemar_image031.jpg
Views: 839
Size:  53.7 KB

They are all pictures of the same car right? How many shapes did it have?
    Crady

The S/T 230 1019 is registered in Spain on 05/27/83 with the registration LE5546J. The model that appears in the DGT is a 911 SC

With this I hope to make it clear that it is chassis 1019 that came to Spain... I think.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by _gonbau; 02-04-2022 at 11:06 AM.

Grady's vehicle... is Gargallo's vehicle, right? We look at the front bumper and the side oil door?
    for now... the repsol ST is registered in Spain as ST but this vehicle however as SC? Being an ST?
    how many ST of the 21 Carrera/client are tracked today?
    Last edited by _gonbau; 02-05-2022 at 04:08 AM.

According to Gargallo's Porsches book: "In the second official, in a long left curve, he found a stone bursting the wheel, crossing the car and overturning. " After the blow, I took it to the factory where they put a new body on it, they checked it on the bench and took the opportunity to mount a new front suspension. (
    could the st de gargallo return to the factory for repairs? did you get a new body? What number is under the knee bar?
    Name:  accidentenosesies.jpg
Views: 736
Size:  16.4 KB
    the accident.
    Due to the damage... Would it be plausible that this vehicle was sent to Germany for benching and repair?
    Last edited by _gonbau; 02-10-2022 at 05:34 AM.

Was this ST ever owned by Chris Wilder ?

Quote Originally Posted by johns4949 View Post
    Was this ST ever owned by Chris Wilder ?
    the one that belonged is 230 1687? "the last S/T"...? I think that chassis has nothing to do with gargallo.
    https://www.racingsportscars.com/cha...30%201687.html

Name:  brra.jpg
Views: 559
Size:  38.8 KBName:  borrra.jpg
Views: 506
Size:  41.9 KB
    being the same vehicle and "for example" being already equipped with LSD since the creation of the car... Why does Max's bill show another LSD and pay again? Or is it the "same" invoice?
    or rather... one is the order form and the other is the invoice? but why do they both matter? And why would they be different?
    You can see an increase in the value of the vehicle when going through Max... but, charging the same extras that I had already paid for?
    +
    Max only billed his vehicles at HAHN?
    Last edited by _gonbau; 03-06-2022 at 01:18 PM.

Baudett
    All cars were ordered via the main distributors or "handlers".

In Germany there were 6 of those (plus the factory 100 the press department and other internal departments 98 and 99)

Each one of those serviced (ordered for) a significantly wide number of authorized Porsche places in various cities. In my 1973 book of those there were over 200 authorized organizations right across Germany who were all affiliated with one of the 6 handlers for Germany. Some of those were allowed to do Maintenance only, some Maintenance and standard repairs and others maintenance and all repairs. Of course some also gained a reputation of being able to build and modify the cars for sporting purposes and maintain them in this role like Max Moritz.

The invoices shown appear to first show the car invoiced by Hahn (the handler -115) to Max Moritz. This is as a new car and naturally all the details of the car would be on that invoice including options and pricing. The invoice date was 27 March 1972 and the price to Max Moritz seems to be about 28420 DM.

The second document is the Max Moritz invoice to their customer, and the first owner, Mr Claus Utz. It is dated 31 December 1972 and is not only for the car but all the work that Max Moritz did to turn a standard 911S into a race car ST. The total price being nearly 34,000DM. The basic price for the car (without extra work on it) was of course marked up to give Max Moritz a sales margin and there was extra work done on top of this.

I would expect that the ordering process (if a direct customer order before construction which is most likely) would be Mr Utz ordering with Max Moritz who then placed the order with Hahn as their handler who then placed it with the factory.

Below is a page showing the handlers for Germany at the time as well as one of the pages that shows Max Moritz as their "agent" ie with 115 against their name and the three stars meaning they can do all maintenance and repairs. Others on the page only have two stars meaning they can only offer standard repairs although of course they would have been sales agents as well. I hope that this explains it.

Name:  IMG_1784_LI.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  121.9 KBName:  IMG_1783_LI.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  133.8 KB
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.

Early S Registry #776

My car, some would call it an ST, some a rebuilt production car, was also delivered to MAHAG/Munich, where it was fitted with a body kit, a roll bar and BBS rims, but the engine and transmission were then rebuilt again at Porsche's Plant 1. I even still have the original sticker on the sun visor, which allowed the vehicle to be parked inside the factory area.

The procedure must have been more or less standard at the time. I assume that in the summer/fall of 1972, that Werk1 was already busy with the '73 RS and the RSR's for the spring of 1973 and complete conversions were no longer possible from the side of manpower.

Question about this vehicle. Being an original from the factory (I think) why does it mount the battery cut-off on the fuel door?Name:  911_25st_27_00.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  427.9 KB

"Aquesta preciosa unitat original que va pertànyer a Chris Sthal, conserva en les seves portes, els noms il·lustres dels pilots que l’han pilotat habitualment, Walter Röhrl, Christian Geisdorfer, Jürgen Barth i el mateix Chris Stalh"

https://wp.pasionporsche.com/2011/09...cial-el-25-st/