Page 33 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultimate ST thread

hello,

this oil tank is also available in german ebay No. 120783383830 as a reproduction.
    but has this part anything to to with "ST"?
    no - my mistake...
    the oil tank i have posted is mounted behind the rear tire - not in front
    sorry!

tom
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Tom Sch; 12-18-2011 at 11:17 PM.

There doesn't seem to be much information listed about the TAA ST that was raced in Australia. I saw this a while ago at the Panel beaters and would have thought it would have been revealed by now.

Does any one have any additional information or pics

Michael

Manu: thats the one I am talking of ..

Tom: Thats the repro RSR, as you said nothing to do with a 72 2,5 ST :-)

M

Raj:

Your question got me motivated to pull out the 72 Sporto oil tank and take some pics of it to compare it to the standard 72 tank. It appears the Sporto tank does have a little more capacity based on the outside bottom area that comes down further before tapering toward the inside. I don't have a standard tank loose, so I can't measure the width or other dimensions to get a very detailed comparison. (The Sporto is the tank with the small oil fitting in the bottom recessed area, the standard tank is the first pic) They appear very similar in the pics except for the bottom area, and possibly the width. The Sporto tank may be wider. Not sure how much more capacity that would allow, but not very much it would seem.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Manfred is 40 years old....
    Registry Member #1414
    NOSGRUPPE

Hi Raj and Gib

The larger tank i ref to ,have a complete different bottom part, than the sporto you have on the pics
    its custom made larger / longer , not even pretty looking welds

Marek

Walko

Are you sure it was the TAA car? I know of one car raced in period being restored in Melbourne but pretty sure that's not the TAA car.

I have seen photos of the TAA car that would suggest it was originally a SWB car.

Hugh may have more info?

Quote Originally Posted by Walko9 View Post
    There doesn't seem to be much information listed about the TAA ST that was raced in Australia. I saw this a while ago at the Panel beaters and would have thought it would have been revealed by now.

Does any one have any additional information or pics

Michael
    Looking for engine # 6208151
    '74 RS 3.0 Replica
    '70 911E Bahia Red (SOLD)
    '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 Twin plug BEAST (SOLD)
    Australian TYP 901 Register #78
    Early S Registry # 1076

there were a couple of "TAA" cars, or more accurately "Grace Bros" cars that were also sponsored by TAA. They were the Bill Brown 1973 RSR and an earlier yellow car also driven by Bill Brown that may have been a 69 - certainly not later due to the shape of the door handles, the vent window etc. Given the homemade flares etc i cant tell definitively from the torsion bar hole whether it is a 69 or earlier but to me at least it looks LWB. i am certain it was not a ST.
    here is a poor photo

is this the one that you were thinking about?

Bill brown also had a ST later on but I dont think that was ever sponsored by TAA - it did carry Lufthansa signage at one stage though.
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.

Early S Registry #776

Raj:

As you suggest, with the front twin oil coolers and brass lines that transport the oil back/forth, it takes about 14 quarts to fill the system on my Kremer ST which has a standard oil tank. I don't think having a larger tank would contribute to improved cooling, but the independent teams that fabricated a larger tank must have felt there was benefit to be gained. Did the RSRs have a larger oil tank from the factory?
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

911 230 1687 George Stone Silverstone Racing Was this the last factory built ST ?