Page 91 of 97 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast

Thread: Show Your Seats

I replaced my original seats with some LeMans from http://www.classictouringseats.com... Mini review below.

Overall cheaper than alternatives and in person very fine quality. I previously bought some "secondary" brands for other cars and more than once been disappointed with the finish of the stitching, piping, or the downright unprofessional look of some covers being stretched funny (I mean anything below Recaro or Sparco - let's say brands like Corbeau or similar - yikes). So I wanted to see what I was getting before spending $...

The warehouse is in SFO and I wanted to sit in them in person to make sure I fit.. Upon chatting with the owner (a porsche nut like us) it came up that we live near one another so he kindly offered to bring up a demo seat for me, and even a pair of seats with all the goodies should I want to buy - no pressure... I loved them and I did... Excellent service and no shipping ;-)

Installation was easy overall... You reuse existing rails bolts for the adapters and the supplied hardware for everything else. No issues at all.. Except seat belt attachment points on each side. The ones on the adapters are not identical in design to the Porsche ones, so the existing Porsche bolt could not be reused and I could not find anything matching... So I made do with some trial and error but you have to have the right kind, pitch and length to not block the seat movement.. Turns out something like 7/16 pitch 20, about 1" long does the trick... Just putting that here for searchers.

As you can see from the pictures, the new seat is slightly lower than stock in appearance (good) but in fact for now I sit higher because "new foam" vs "old destroyed padding/springs" ;-) My body weight will soon resolve that I think.. Very happy with the look, the quality, the price, and the service... I can't compare to vendors I have not used but really those things look perfect from all angles and I believe the side bolsters aren't quite as wide (into the seat back) as the Recaros they are based on, allowing people over 200 lbs to still fit - LOL. I'm 220 and I fit !!!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Greg D.; 08-25-2022 at 08:07 AM.
    Greg.
    ----------
    72 911T - 73 2002

Quote Originally Posted by John Binion View Post
    Surprisingly, the “Ferrari” seats are very comfortable. I preferred them over the sport seats from that time period.

What is the difference between the 911 “Ferrari” seat & the 356 SPEEDSTER seat?
    Last edited by Cliff; 09-04-2022 at 11:28 AM.
    To err is human; to blame it on someone else is more human...

"You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are."
    —Juan Manuel Fangio[48]

”What would PORSCHE do”

67 911 de Luxe, 356 B silver metallic / brown interior, ( buck skin really ) 67 PORSCHE [ built ] 912, Crystal blue, black interior, 72 T, Silver metallic/black interior, appearance group,factory AC.

Greg D - that was very helpful, thank you.

Anyone have some feedback on the correct direction of the beige stripe in black/white/beige pepita. The last ones are mine which I’m hoping are correct, black vinyl with beige inserts with vertical beige stripe. The second are some old seats posted in this thread, vertical beige. The first is a redone example in beige on beige, horizontal beige.

Thanks for your help.

My 73 has the beige vertical. I think your seats are correct.
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club

Quote Originally Posted by steve shea View Post
    My 73 has the beige vertical. I think your seats are correct.
    +1

(and they look great)

72/73 beige vertical, like 69-71

Name:  IMG_2557.jpg
Views: 613
Size:  145.1 KB

I was considering having them re-done because I thought the direction was wrong and black with beige pepita was no a factory combination. Early 911S is always a great resource, thanks.

Nice, Rare & Real

Nice, Rare & Real

Birth year seats - 67'

Thumbs up

They look good this way as well ...
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild