Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Streets of Willow April 17...CONFIRMED

Finally

The day at Willow REALLY did live up to the hype. It was that fun. We should try to do it every 2-3 months?

Special thanks to Tony and Marco of TLG for providing lunch to everyone. John Dilger for giving a excellent presentation to the first timers. All the volunteer instructors..ALL the first timers were very impressed with the way the day went.

They want to be counted in the next time we go to the Streets. Again, all we need is 15-20 drivers..Total for the day was 22-23 drivers...

We will do it again, soon
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255
    '70 911 S Coupe 2.9 w/MFI Twin Plug "Flairs n Chairs"
    '72 911 S Targa 2.4 w/MFI

the pit area

few more from the pits
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255

few more from the pits
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255

after party

after the day at the Track, most of us went to dinner at the Mexican restaurant...the perfect way to unwind after a perfect day
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255

after party

I personally feel the best part of these days is the friendships. The get togethers with old friends, making new ones..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255

Quote Originally Posted by Eade Hopkinson
    .......Mike and Johnny set the pace for the day, FAST!!!!!! They had people with them most of the day, showing them the best route over the track, thanks sooooo much to them for all their help and support of this event. I kept trying to follow their lines, but I think I was having troubles getting my parking brake to release I just could not seem to catch up with them
    Thanks so much Eade for the kind words!! ....I thought I was trying to catch up to you!! ...we seemed to be a half lap apart all day!!...

Quote Originally Posted by Eade Hopkinson
    .....All in all, this was one event you should not miss the next time it comes up. As mastercard always says, "It was Priceless"
    Eade's right on the mark guyz & galz.... as far as experiencing life goes....you don't want to let another opportunity like this slip thru your grasp.....

Here's a few more random pix just to round things out.....
    Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

Gburner
    Hopefully Dan will share some shots or a movie soon, he was busy with his cameras too.

Ok here is a lap from the second morning session.
    Fun track to practice left foot braking.
    Which I did on every corner except where I had to down shift, and then after a down shift my left foot would be over the brake pedal again.

Go straight to the link and if you care the following is a discription of the track and car.

It's in car video from my STREET LEGAL white and green 69 911T rebodied as a 1997 993 EVO2 interpretation.
    2800lb total. 2400lb car + 400lb for driver and passenger.
    300 rwhp non VR 3.6 on 100 unleaded. Super Cup cams, Carillo rods. custom chip, shifting at 6800rpm.
    Close ratio 915 with a custom WEVO shifter and all of Haydens 915 upgrades too.
    935 suspension front and rear with coil overs and double adjustable JRZ shocks.
    Turbo brakes, 23 mm M/C with brake pads Pagid oranges in front and blacks in the rear.
    Tires DOT legal Kumho 710 front 275/40/17 on 10.5 rims and on the rear 335/35/17 on 13 inch wide rims.
    Full cage with front and rear suspension tie ins, 27 gallon fuel cell, N2O air jacks.
    Raised (adjustable for rear bump) rear control arm pick up points and 2.5 inch raised spring plate arm pick up points ( like the old 935s did).

You can follow the track map, this lap is clockwise and the movie starts at the begin of the front straight. We are using the full length track with the bowl and skid pad.

It's always looks slower on video.

On the track the extra weight of the passenger really is noticeable on braking and cornering. Maybe 2 seconds a lap slower with the passenger. But it was a blast and I never went out alone on Tuesday, more than 10 different passengers joined me for 6 to 8 laps each.
    Best,
    Mike
    http://s148.photobucket.com/albums/s...ruppemovie.flv

It's always looks slower on video.

Do not let this phrase fool you Try to follow Mike or Johnny around this track at the speed they drive, and you will think it is 4 times as fast as the video appears. The old saying "Practice Makes Pefect" holds true for both of these Gear Heads What a GREAT DAY IT WAS
    S Registry #265
    R Gruppe #224

Heres a bit of video. Have more to edit and put together but this will have to do for now. I seem to have way to much vid of Mikes 911.
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XNMzlP22w7Y"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XNMzlP22w7Y" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
    Dan Byers
    71T targa - "Stay Puff"
    EarlyS Member #608

That video is like crack. No matter how much I watch it I can't wait to see it again.

I guess the same can be said about track days ...

Dan, THANKS FOR THE VIDEO!!!
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687