Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Through the hood gas filler project

Early 911 Fan, 914-6 Owner Martin Baker's Avatar

Hood sealing ring

I am making this ring, it will seal the hood from the elements, it fits like the 911 R. This picture is of a replica 914 GT tank I am building, but it will work, like the same.

Filler

I am currently working on aquiring these in bulk myself from Germany. I want 50. I have a friend who is an engineer at PORSCHE, and is talking to the man who handles this for the company MOTORSPORT Dept. I will say that on the sheet you posted the D80/67 is the one I would request. The taller one is best, 67 MM. 105 MM Outside diameter. You can alway shorten it as required. I need more than one.

These are the dimensions of the new filler neck & cap I have for my 911R project:

George - sent you an email.
    Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

Thanks for doing this George (and company). I have sent you an e-mail.

sorry for the delay. Im on a work computer and cant get here during the day. the picture Andy posted is of the right neck for the VW cap.

Thanks for making this happen George! Ive been wanting to do this mod ever since I saw pictures on an ST for the first time. You did get my email request for 6 caps, right?
    #711 - expires 12/05
    1972 911T - Sepia 3.2 - For Sale

Oil cap neck

hello; Could you also get the filler neck for the aluminum caps, like the ones used on the RSR oil tank and 914/6GT oil tank. The inside is 59mm and the tang length is around 68mm. I have 3 of these caps and need the necks. Also I would like some info on the hood ring for the 911r fuel filler and the GT fuel tank. Thanks Eric P.S. You guys are as insane as me!

[QUOTE=Eric911S]hello; Could you also get the filler neck for the aluminum caps, like the ones used on the RSR oil tank and 914/6GT oil tank.

This neck I believe is the same as Beetle 55 and later until early 60 something...easy to find on the SAMBA.com

I will be making this neck as well. It will not be exacxt, but it will use the correct type cap. Only a few, one for my 914 GT car, and for someone who might want one. I have two extra caps, but they are not exact replicas.

I think Bughaus has the 80mm filler necks. Check the link in the first post. If they dont have it, one of the other VW shops will have it.
    #711 - expires 12/05
    1972 911T - Sepia 3.2 - For Sale

Hood Hole

Ok, so we got the cap, the filler neck...
    What about the hole in the hood?
    I recall that someone had the mold or plug for the hood hole. Or at least had the instructions on how to do this modification.
    Anyone recall this?
    Tenzin

I can supply the holes !

Send me the exact size you need & your zip code & I'll get a shipping quote to send the hole to you.
    Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105