Thread: Victory By Design, The Porsche Story

Victory By Design, The Porsche Story

Does anyone have this video from 1994? My copy has just been eaten in the good 'ol VCR! I would like to make a good copy on DVD so this does not happen again.
    Michael
    '56 T-1 356 bent window coupe...
    68 911L Burgandy Red R Gruppe #388
    72 911S Coupe, Sepia Brown

Michael, not sure if you'd like to buy a new one already on dvd, but here's the address if you do. It's on my Christmas list this year.

http://www.victorybydesign.com/

I think I've seen them all on Speed now and the others are at least as good as the Porsche one if you're interested in other marques.
    Tom Morgan
    Charlotte, NC
    '18 Carrera T - R #368, S #692
    1973 Giulia Super 1.3

Is that the same one as I am talking about? I have the Ferarri and Maserati VBD Speedvision ones. The one I have I bought back in 1994.
    Michael

I'm pretty sure it is, footage of Shuppan's street 962, a big section on a 904. But they edited the last 10 minutes to get in some more up-to-date cars. Among others, they added in some clips of the GT1 at LeMans if I remember correctly. When I've seen it aired, DeCadenet has a lot more dark hair and the look of the footage does not quite match the newer shows on Ferrari, Alfa, etc. I think it is what you're looking for. Maybe the pics will help.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Tom Morgan
    Charlotte, NC
    '18 Carrera T - R #368, S #692
    1973 Giulia Super 1.3

Thanks, yes I checked it out and it does look to be the same. Only a bit shorter...must have been a bit of editing. The original was 90 min, and this one withthe extended footage is 70 min. Guess Ill order that one along with the Jaguar and Alfa videos. Lots of fun car stuff to play in the shop while working in the long cold winter!

Tschüß
    Michael

Unhappy Victory by Design

Mike :

Just one comment : I have a copy of the Speedvision TV Series from 2002 and it has a review of the Boxster at the end of it , however the 'Victory by Design " Series DVD does not contain that part and I don't know why . Just a heads Up !. I will prefer to have both .

Regards.
    Joe 912
    '68, 912
    Mexico
    Early 911S Registry # 1918