Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alright, who bought the sweet vintage seat on ebay???

Gburner
    Quote Originally Posted by gruen911
    Sam,
    I have heard from a few early Porsche race people that these very early 911 sport seats were made of fiberglass, and after years of usage are known to crack under stress.
    Hi Sam,
    Even today with current fiberglass standards some race organizations require your fiberglass seats be replaced at regular intervals (couple years), a little longer if you have a back brace installed.
    I dig all the period correct race stuff too.
    While I like the look of your seats (and your SWB 911) Sam. I do agree they may be best in your theater with some magnesium AR rims for coffee tables. IF your seats blow out while driving you'll just roll around like a pea in box car.
    I'd risk 35 year old race stuff on non stressed areas, not seats or wheels.
    I'd be interested in a link to the Vegas area vintage seat manufacturer too.
    Best regards,
    Mike

Well Sam, it's clear that your old and funky seats are pure junk. Just read the obove expert testimony.

But, as a dear friend I have the solution for you. "I" will relieve you of the burden and shame of owning these horrid seats. Just forward them to my shipping address. I'll pay the shipping.

No, no, you don't need to thank me.

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

and the answer to the 1,000,0000 question is

A. I like living dangerously

B. I love the smell of thirty year old fiberglass

C. I have a seat fetish and just had to have it

D. all of the above

E. what you can't get from Peter Z (or anyone else) is the original hardware, being the seat aficionado I aspire to keep things looking as original as possible, moth balling the original fiberglass and adding one of peters seats to the original hardware gives one the best of both worlds, most people look into a car and see very nice light weight racing buckets, I look in and see current model Recaro double locking sliders with inside pulls and no tip bracket and I know these are not period correct, it is possible to look period correct and still be as safe as possible by rewebbing original seat belts and trading out old fiberglass for new

F. this is really a bad dream and things will be better in the morning
    Sam

Self anointed Head of the SSSP
    ( Super secret seat police )
    our motto is : if you've got a bug up your ass, we put it there

67S polo red 307958S (gone but not forgotten )
    87 factory turbolook Lagoon green metallic ( G50 O'yeah )

Sam

Self anointed Head of the SSSP
    ( Super secret seat police )
    our motto is : if you've got a bug up your ass, we put it there

67S polo red 307958S (gone but not forgotten )
    87 factory turbolook Lagoon green metallic ( G50 O'yeah )

Just bought the new ST replica and the Nurbergring for the pass side (less side support) from Stefan. There are no pics as of yet on the site, but the ST version is similar to these. And, they are tested, but I don't know if they are certified by SFI of anyone else.

possible match?

Found this pic of a 904 seat, hopefully the image will show up...

The style looks close, upholstery looks a little different. Was the 904 on hinges or tracks? The caption reads, ( I think) "seats are contoured and molded into the body"
    Attached Images Attached Images