Thread: The Old PMO Regulator — input vs return

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The Old PMO Regulator — input vs return

Does anyone have the instructions for the older version of the PMO pressure regulator? If it’s indeed a pressure regulator and not just a manifold (no adjusting needle on top like the newer model).

Searching yields lots of pics and pdfs of flow direction of the _newer_ one.

Trying to figure out what is inlet and what is tank return of the fitting on the left side and the 90 degree fitting on the bottom.

I spoke with EMPI (PMO successor company form what I understand) but the technical rep had never seen one, didn't have any documentation, and was surprised the part was on their webiste. You can still buy the things from Sierra Madre, for example. https://sierramadrecollection.com/pr...ator-911-65-89

Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by alpenstrasse; 05-06-2024 at 04:49 PM.

Or if the old PMO one is just a manifold -- I suppose one can use either fitting for supply / return.
    (As long as an external restrictor is placed on return to tank line, _not_ on supply line).

As i recall the lower line with all the clamps is the return. I also remember a clamp on that line to adjust the pressure

Quote Originally Posted by julerb View Post
    As i recall the lower line with all the clamps is the return. I also remember a clamp on that line to adjust the pressure
    Thank you. I believe that is the current (inherited) setup on my car. Fuel filter just before PMO block inlet left side. Return to tank on the 90 degree fitting. I suspect the bit with the three hose clamps is a barb to barb, acting as restrictor on line back to tank. (Probably had an external clamp at one point).

So the old PMO block has no restricting / regulating function, correct? Just a splitter for the carb lines?