Thread: 1970 911S tunnel fuel lines

1970 911S tunnel fuel lines

Hi everyone,

I've tried multiple search either here and on google but I can't find the info and photos to help me.
    Short story, doing reassembly for a complete restoration on a 1970 S US-spec car. I have not done the disassembly on it, car was fully disassembled, sandblast, etc. I am using mostly all OE parts.

I am putting everything back through the tunnel, I did notice there were some clear tubing for the inside upper left channel of the tunnel which I found should be protective tubing for the fuel lines. (P/n 000.043.205.20)

I have 2 interrogations, first, for the front portion do the steel line are routed downward and pass under the steel tubes for vapor/charcoal canister and then come up through the channel?

Anyone installed the new Porsche lines p/n 90110853101?
    They seem to have more of a "hook" shape rather than having the 90 degree bend and stop there. Have you just cut it like the older ones?

I do have the front mount MFI electric fuel feed pump, not like the 71+ rear mount.

Any help will be appreciated!
    Here is a photo of the area I am concerned:Name:  Messenger_creation_d22dad71-267c-4c02-b242-dfb3182c6284.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  73.9 KBName:  Messenger_creation_d17ff346-e357-4a3d-8e47-615c1dc0092e.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  110.9 KB

I have installed the new Porsche fuel lines and do recall having to cut/modify them . I have not seen the protective tubing . There is a rubber grommet where the line passes through the bulkhead/firewall .

Are you saying the original steel lines were cut out and replaced with plastic lines?
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Name:  IMG_3886.jpeg
Views: 90
Size:  132.9 KB
    Does this help…
    73.5 Snrf T
    71 Snrf T
    70S targa
    76 914 2.0
    82 Targa,
    85 Alfa GTV6
    60 Lancia Appia Zagato GTE
    Searching for transmission 7115322 (911/01)

@edmayo:
    No the plastic lines are protection for the steel ones. If you rely on Parts diagram, look at diagram 201-000 they are listed as #19.
    The old steel lines were "coiled" by the tech who did disassembly, I cannot rely on any of the shape for the proper routing in the front area.
    Attached you will have a photo of the old plastic protective tubing I found in the channel (which I replaced by new ones).
    You can also see the old lines I uncoiled, how they end with only a 90-bend vs the new Porsche one.
    *From further search it seems the older car had that hook shape as it was going around the hole for the steering rack.

@71gold it does give a little idea but I can barely see them. Thank you though.
    I am more ambiguous as to where the line should route in the front part. From the photo of 71gold, it looks like they stay top most of the tunnel until the wall. 1 line seem to go in between the two lines for charcoal canister and then I guess the other one goes to the right.
    Are they held up by the left upper bending tab?

Comparison photo, and a guess routing with the protective tubing.
    Sorry for 2nd photo it goes upside-down don't know why...
    Name:  20240507_102534.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  124.6 KB
    Name:  20240507_105846.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  49.3 KB
    Name:  20240507_111051.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  93.1 KB
    Last edited by Claudecot3; 05-07-2024 at 07:19 AM. Reason: problem with photos, added reference

Name:  carbon.JPG
Views: 69
Size:  62.2 KB

just for some clarity, the two lines in blue are carbon canister lines...going from front to back

Current long term ownership: 63 Cab, 71 911, 74 914

@Scott A: yep totally aware of these and not the problem I have actually.
    I don't think these will be much of a problem but I am not there yet!