Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 911 1965 Sill door types

911 1965 Sill door types

Hello.
    This is my first intervention. My name is Joan and I work in a restoration workshop in Barcelona, Spain. We are working on a project of a 1965 Porsche 911 and we have a doubt..... Are you willing to help me?
    This car has the Vin number 30030XX and the kardex indicates that it was manufactured in December 1965. The problem we have is that we are not able to determine if the door sills should be flat or corrugated, since this change was made by Porsche in the end of 1965? Does anyone know exactly on which chassis number this change was made?

Thanks!!!!

Name:  sill 2.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  94.2 KB

Name:  sill 1.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  31.3 KB

Welcome! You should find some useful experience and information on this site.
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Welcome Joan. I think you have an extra digit in your chassis number. In any case, I restored 3030XX, December 6, 1965 build (considered a 66) -- it had flat door sills. I also restored a July 65 build 911, 3017XX it also had flat door sills.

Hope that helped.

Looking forward to see how Marc does on the Ducati this year!
    John Schiavone

Connecticut

356 Cab, 66 911, 914-6, 550-Beck, 981 Cayman, 54 MV Agusta Dustbid

Thanks for your comment John!
    Finally we are going to install the flat sills.

Regarding Marc, even having the unofficial bike, I think he will do battle on many times! Full throttle!

My Feb. '66 had the "corrugated" type.
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Bradford View Post
    My Feb. '66 had the "corrugated" type.
    Strange, I've never seen this before. Do you feel it's original to the build?
    John Schiavone

Connecticut

Yes, original to the car. It’s kind of hard to see them in the second photo, but the first photo shows the detail. Part of them had to be replaced due to rust.
    Name:  IMG_0932.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  74.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_2011.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  111.4 KB
    Scott

Interesting, the shadows are playing tricks on my eyes, but I assume the pattern is concave? Do you know what kind threshold came with the car - was it the same rubber ribbed design?
    John Schiavone

Connecticut

Quote Originally Posted by John912 View Post
    Interesting, the shadows are playing tricks on my eyes, but I assume the pattern is concave? Do you know what kind threshold came with the car - was it the same rubber ribbed design?
    Yes, concave just like in the photo of the original poster. Yes, rubber ribbed type threshold.
    Scott