Thread: Different Recaro Sliders for Rallye seats. Which one is which?

Different Recaro Sliders for Rallye seats. Which one is which?

Hello All,

I have been working on the repair of some sliders for early rallye seats. I believe the sliders I am working on were originally mounted on 4 legged recaro seats. The early 67-68 buckets. But when I looked closer I discerned some differences between the both. Is one a reproduction? Or are they both later style rails?

I have two questions, the first picture shows the rails. In my opinion (A) is an earlier version compared to (B)? The second picture shows the welding spots. Which one is the earlier one? I found a thread on the registry a while ago about this subject but somehow I cannot find it anymore.

The last picture shows a difference in the front welded portion holding the lever. Why is the B version like this? When I look at early 4 legged recaro really seat pictures I see the front area has a nut and bolt on the front portion.

I appreciate your help in this! There are variations in almost every porsche part..

Greetings to everybody and thank you for your comments.

AdriaanName:  IMG_5418.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  147.0 KBName:  IMG_5421.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  171.3 KBName:  IMG_5420.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  166.1 KB

I took this picture from another thread. It shows the (A) style sliders under a 4 legged bucket.

Name:  IMG_5448.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  88.4 KB

B was used for the "very light" seats so RS, RSR 3.0RS (but there the lever was also shortened and three instad of two screws) and anything else perlon covered.
    The welds changes over the years on both styles with and without "sandwich" plate.

That’s great info.

Thank you Uai for your expertise. If anybody can find me a picture of such a seat? I would love to restore this rail.

Thats a very interesting link. This forum is a treasure of facts. The thread shows details pictures of an original 3.0 RS or 2.8 RSR rallye seat. With lightweight recaro rails. Never knew they existed. Amazed about the selling price also

Thanks Uai and Registry.

I am the wealthy owner of an RS / RSR part now :-)

Unfortunately I have to disappoint you: your rail is not an RS/RSR. But you would have to recognize for yourself because it doesn't fit.
    regards uwe

You are right the rail does not have the 3 screw option. I think it’s an ultra rare rallye rail version for the 4 legged seats.. I bought it when it was mounted on a 4 legged seat. I will leave it with the seat.

Have a good week everybody
    Last edited by 911E fan; 02-08-2024 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 911E fan View Post
    You are right the rail does not have the 3 screw option. I think it’s an ultra rare rallye rail version for the 4 legged seats.. I bought it when it was mounted on a 4 legged seat. I will leave it with the seat.

Have a good week everybody

Faith is always good - I don't want to take your faith away. but it's not true, that much can be said. But if I read between the lines correctly, then you don't take your comments completely seriously anyway - in that respect: everything's ok.

regards uwe

Yes Uwe,

You are right, faith is fun and it is fun to learn about the many different variations. Sometimes you find a vary rare item but most of the times...