Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rennsport7

Michael, thanks for the pics. What’s the deal with the 911K, not familiar with that car.

Emory hot rod.

So, classic Monterey weather driving in this morning. A breeze from Santa Cruz except HW1 was down to one lane in Watsonville for paving. So, 20 min later than I wanted. Morning fog and low marine layer. The tops of the stacks in Moss Landing were barely visible. Cruising in towards the gate, a promise of sunshine but, it’s going to be cool and cloudy for a while yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by 70SATMan; 10-02-2023 at 07:19 AM.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Started the morning with a triple short espresso for the drive in. Once into RR, passed the ridiculously long line waiting for the swag store to open. First stop, had to top off with a trip latte.

Don’t worry, old Navy Man here. The plasma in the blood stream was replaced with caffeine long ago, lol.
    Michael

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Quote Originally Posted by 70SATMan View Post
    Didn’t glimpse Nick today, maybe tomorrow,,, New Lump?? Hmmm, I don’t know,,,,
    Michael- Yessir, there is a new power source lurking in the rear of my ST. I’ll post some pics soon but it’s a little 3.5l twin plug MoTec controlled EFI set up that should allow me to hustle around pretty well. Also added a fresh set of 930 brakes to slow it down when needed. Hope to bump into you at the event, I’m there with my son Matthew. Nick
    Nick Psyllos
    S Reg & R Gruppe
    1973 Euro 911S
    1972 911T to ST

did you happen to push or pull any of these switches and buttons to see what they do?

Name:  monte rallye car #2.JPG
Views: 482
Size:  129.7 KB

Current long term ownership: 63 Cab, 71 911, 74 914

Quote Originally Posted by Scott A View Post
    did you happen to push or pull any of these switches and buttons to see what they do?
    ]
    Hey Scott. No, I didn’t. I did open the door and sit in it but, people started looking at me strangely.
    Michael

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Cabell View Post
    Michael, thanks for the pics. What’s the deal with the 911K, not familiar with that car.
    Here’s a couple more. Should explain the “K” reference.
    Michael

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Man, two days and I’m beat. Taking the day off today and letting a friend with a new 70T have my day pass for his wife. He took his boys yesterday and is pretty ecstatic to be in the early 911 scene. Will probably go tomorrow since I’m on vaca for the next two weeks.

I did haul the headrest from my Scheel 300 with me and spent about 30 minutes with the Scheelmann Reps. They were pretty stoked and really surprised but, also not after doing the research to reproduce the more common cord that showed up in the later seats. They took photos, a little oohing and ahaaing. We determined that they were probably very early, some of the very first 300s produced maybe. The current cord is very, very good and near perfect for the 301s and I’ll use it to redo my 201s in black.
    Michael

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

So, another thievery was planned and thwarted. Was walking the paddock and bumped into these. They were just laying there. Somebody obviously misplaced them, careless..

Was about to try and stuff one into my backpack and then had a moment realizing that it was either the wheel or my Scheel headrest. Didn’t have room for both..

Then this happened:
    Michael

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

So, another John came to mind stalking the grounds.
    Michael

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586