Thread: Glove box key CC 205

Glove box key CC 205

Does anyone have an original DOM glove box key CC 205 laying around? I have a repop (from Tony) but would like an original. Check your stashes. Thanks, Steve

I am having Tony make me a "repop" DOM glove box key. It is my understanding that he uses an original DOM key blank. If so, how does his key differ from an original?

When Tony made my glove box key - not from a key only the code from the Kardex - he was concerned it may not work. Instead of using a DOM blank he used a repop. After the key was tested he would have made me a DOM key. The repop worked fine and at the time it was tough to get in touch with him. I was glad to have a key that operated the glove box and dropped the ball with the next step. I don't know if he stamps the code on the back of the DOM keys as the originals had. Attached is a photo of the key I received from Tony and a chart of the DOM key highlighted that would be correct for my 1968 912 (I think). As you can see the shape is different. I posted my wanted request as it would also be nice to have a patinaed key. Let me know if Tony stamps the code on his DOM keys. Steve

IMG_3325.jpg
    IMG_4469.jpg

Tony is careful to make sure that the key he makes will work. He just made a "test" glove box key for me. The key worked in my lock. He is now making a key using an original DOM key blank, which he will engrave with the CC key code.

That is the same process Tony outlined for me - which makes sense. After my test key worked for whatever reason the DOM key phase got dropped. I'll reach out to Tony as my chance of finding an original CC205 is probably slim (although I did find an original ignition / door key matching my Kardex code). Thanks for the info.

Hello Fly, your photos have a photoshop work? the keys dont have some cuts.

Screenshot 2023-10-22 151926.png

FLY the cc205 code is this

Thanks for sending. My original photo just wasn't detailed enough (not a great photo). The glove box keys I got from Tony are the same as the diagram you sent. They work the original glove box lock. I am still interested in an original CC205 if anyone is holding.