I've had a couple of interesting British cars come my way over the past few years whilst hanging out at an established British car restoration shop. I've seen some of the finest restorations of E-Types and other rarely seen cars like a '57 Lemans 24 AC ACE Bristol. Some of these were brought back from the grave. One was considered too far gone but the owner wouldn't hear of it. It's spectacular now but of course that came at a price. It was a money is no object restoration.

All of these cars are interesting even if I've seen the ugly side of ownership. They're not all bad but many seem to have had bad owners. That seems to be the fate of inexpensive sports cars. All electrical issues I've seen have been the work of ham fisted mechanics or ignorant owners. (Remember, ignorance is curable, stupidity is not)

A couple of superb TR250's and I have crossed paths as well as the TR6, MGB and other Triumphs like a GT6 (SMALL!) and a real favorite, a RHD TR3.

Now an MGA has popped up as has a TR4 with Surrey Top. The TR4 is my favorite of the series. Gionvanni Michelotti did a magnificent job.

Last but not least a very well sorted +4 Morgan.

I'm leaning toward the TR4 just because it has more "wheaties" and offers up a lot of choices when it comes to modifications. The MGA is a classic though and is a tough one to overlook especially since the SO likes it a lot. It's beautiful sitting still.

Up to this point doing nothing has been SOP for these temptations but it may be time.