Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Here I go again: '74 Euro Carrera

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ibmiked View Post
    The body itself was repainted in the factory original Continental Orange (E7) and thankfully needed only the minimal amount of work to return it to completely factory spec. Full credit goes to Chuck Miller and his guys at Miller Motorsports. If the body and paint hadn't been done to such a high standard I would never have embarked on this journey.

IMG_0473.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

We did have to paint the undercoating body color, as it left Chuck's shop in black.

IMG_0451.jpg

8613CA55-A858-4DFE-9B43-45277F920976.jpg

IMG_2587.jpg

IMG_2633.jpg

IMG_2660.jpg
    Beautiful build! I thought this 74 color was actually just called Orange. If I'm not mistaken, I thought Continental Orange was not offered until a little later for like the 77 or 78 MY?
    70 914-6 #2615 (Metallic Green) - SOLD
    74 US Carrera Coupe #63 (Lime Green)
    73 911 T Coupe #1891 (Gemini Blue)

Quote Originally Posted by stevesc_us View Post
    Beautiful build! I thought this 74 color was actually just called Orange. If I'm not mistaken, I thought Continental Orange was not offered until a little later for like the 77 or 78 MY?
    A friend has a '76 Continental Orange 911-S.
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Ah so maybe the 76 MY was the first year for Cont Orange.
    70 914-6 #2615 (Metallic Green) - SOLD
    74 US Carrera Coupe #63 (Lime Green)
    73 911 T Coupe #1891 (Gemini Blue)

It appears that you learn something new all the time. According to period pictures and some conversations with knowledgeable people in our hobby, Porsche did not offer a matching 10k rpm tach for the G-Body cars until much later into production. According to one source, it wasn't until the SCRS that you could get a proper 10k tach without the silver needle of the LWB era. Looking at period pictures as well as restored cars that went to auction (IROC, Carrera RS 3.0, etc.) I can clearly see the silver dot 10k tach. That now goes on my next wish list!

IMG_1897.jpg

IMG_1891.jpg

IMG_1888.jpg

Two more updates from the past week. First, I moved the shifter up on top of the carpet as I’ve seen in period pictures. Next, a pair of excellent reproduction Repa harnesses with the proper European orange thread tracers from David in the U.K. My punch list is getting smaller by the day.

IMG_1986.jpg

IMG_1998.jpg

IMG_1317.jpeg

This is from a 1973 471 car that G&W had about 20 years ago. It was spectacular.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111