Thread: WTB: exterior door handles

WTB: exterior door handles

Looking for a pair of exterior door handles that would be appropriate for a '71. Currently have black ones on fiberglass doors but I'm switching back to steel and considering going chrome.

Finish does not need to be perfect but mechanically must be sound.

Needs the lock barrels but I plan to have them rekeyed to match the ignition.

Also would like the gaskets if you have them.
    Last edited by Flieger; 12-02-2022 at 05:39 PM.
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

I have a set of chrome door handles with key and one set without a key but with the lock cylinders. PM me with your email for details.

TIA

Henry

I've found most of what I'm looking for but I would like one extra chrome exterior door handle since I need a chrome trigger- the set I am getting has one black and one chrome. Anyone in the LA area have one for sale? Doesn't need to have the lock cylinder or anything else.

Chrome trigger kit for a 70 - 89 Porsche 911

https://www.ebay.com/itm/13123278051...sAAOSwbqpTtcE5

Thanks but I think I'd like OE Porsche rather than reproduction.

Auckland, New Zealand. And Los Angeles, USA.
    Make sure that you get a trigger from a 70-73 911 and not a later model (even if chrome finish). The profile on the piece which interfaces with the handle is different and won’t attach without fabricating an adapter piece. Been there done that. (That being said, with the adapter, it is much stronger!)
    photo from Rennspeed eBay ad.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 911kiwi; 12-17-2022 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Photo
    Kiwi
    1972 911S
    1967 912
    1959 356A Conv D
    Early S Registry # 306

Oh, thanks for the tip!

On a related note, I see Dansk and Rennline both sell chrome trigger-style handles (the whole things). The Rennline ones are quite a bit cheaper but has anyone used either and can speak to the quality?

Can you elaborate on how to tell the differences between the types of triggers?