Thread: Steel doors with roll cage?

Steel doors with roll cage?

I'm thinking that I want to replace the fiberglass doors I have with steel ones so that I can actually have side windows and door seals that seal, however I don't know if they are compatible with the door tube on my roll cage. Does anyone use a Safety Devices cage like this with steel doors? Would I need to switch to a rear hoop only configuration? The fiberglass doors did need the cubby/pocket area trimmed a bit for the tube but I'm not sure how that compares to the steel ones- they seem to be flatter and would have a soft pouch instead of the hard pocket I would think.

As another option, I'm wondering if there are fiberglass or carbon doors out there that are sturdy and accurate enough to bolt the window frames in and have them do their job? I think the biggest problem is my doors are old and the bolted areas have developed cracks.

I'm also planning to get some lollipop seats and make some custom brackets to recline them as I like- the knock-off RSR buckets I have are too upright. Thinking of the GTS Classics ones since they have the submarine belt slot already they claim. Anyone recommend against that?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

Member #226 R Gruppe Life Member #147
    My cage didn’t go out into the door like most did. When I put the car back on the street, my steel doors fit.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks! Sorry for my ignorance but are those RS door panels? I think as long as I have something flat like that it would work.
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

Member #226 R Gruppe Life Member #147
    Yea, forget door pockets etc. mine was a 40 year race car so no window winders and some normal street stuff. But looks like you could.