Thread: Help Sourcing Vinyl

Help Sourcing Vinyl

Hi,
    I’m planning to recover the various banged up items my car’s interior. It’s a 911T, I’m not certain if the material in there right now is after market but I would like to replace it ideally with the same material.
    Can anybody help me identify this vinyl and where I could source the exact material?
    Name:  E9F114FE-4A6A-4E53-A1FF-E907BF1EA09C.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  122.6 KB

AASE Sales sells the trim kit. I need to recover the same area on my ‘73T and was planning to get the vinyl from them: https://www.aasesales.com/products/g...ed61478e&_ss=r

Oops, I think you were referring to the cracked knee pads, not the dash trim… seems they have that material as well: https://www.aasesales.com/collection...ts/c6e-104153a

Thanks!
    Ugh, yes I saw that but I couldnt quite get comfortable how well it matches and getting in touch with Aase customer support is nearly impossible. I guess I will just need to bite the bullet and place an order. If you ever do end up placing an order I‘d be super grateful if you could send a few pictures of the materials

Sure thing - though I’m just looking to replace the pieces of vinyl behind the light / ignition switches and the panel on the passenger side. My knee pads are in good shape at the moment. But yeah, you may just need to roll the dice and see what their vinyl looks like. Hopefully others can chime in here too. Good luck!

See # 18 in the following thread. In addition to the covered part I ordered, they sell the same vinyl in sheet form. Judge match to yours accordingly https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...543#post850543

I walked into a local upholstery shop here and asked them who they bought their vinyl from and they gave me the name of the distributor. You can also just Google “vinyl distributor”. The distributor was able to perfectly match my sample.
    Chuck

If you have a pair of old, original door cards, you can salvage the vinyl from there.

Great idea, might do that