Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTB: one BOSCH HORN 345 HZ or 335 HZ

Hello
    I have that 345hz horn that has been reconditioned, works very well. This is the same horn that is shown in the photo you
    have posted that is circled in red. My price is $200.00 plus shipping, I am in the U.S.A. of course in the state of New Mexico.
    Merci Sonny

have 3 of those..two are dated 505 which makes it may 65 all tested and working only have pictures of this one...also have the bracket washer and nut.
    not sure if 335 and/or 345Hz
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg w.jpg (113.4 KB, 64 views)

Hello Sebb
    I have that horn and it is restored with all brackets, I do not see those specific numbers that you are showing, sometime
    a Mercedes Benz horn is all that is available------------they are in short supply. The horn I have is a 400hz that is plenty
    loud and would be correct for the right side of your car (passenger side). It looks exactly like the one that is shown on the
    drivers side in the photo. The horn that you have in the drivers side is a snail horn (Bosch fanfare). Merci Sonny

This has been an interesting thread to follow, and I do NOT claim to be a scholar, but it appears that there's an interesting contradiction that the community could resolve.

I mean no offense to anyone, but I have found that PET often contains errors. The PET document cited shows a round horn (similar to the ones used on 356s). Round horns were also used in SWB cars but I'm not sure which models.

The photo shows a snail horn on the driver side, which is the same as the ones on my '68 911. But I've never seen a combination of snail and round horns on the same vehicle, as shown in the photo. My car has 2 snail horns with different frequencies. I've seen 912s with round horns on both sides.

I'll also post an inquiry on the 'Tech Info' part of the site.

I only mention this because I have made similar mistakes and ended up with incorrect parts that I didn't need, so I hope this note helps Sebb focus on the right piece. Again, no offense intended.
    Last edited by mshaver51; 04-23-2023 at 06:50 AM.

Bosch horn

Hello Sebb
    I have that Bosch horn in high or low tone, it is restored and looks exactly like the one shown in your picture. According
    to specifications the right side (passenger side) is the high note. I am in the U.S.A. of course, and that makes it more
    difficult to obtain-------------customs and shipping. I want $250.00 US plus shipping, it comes with bracket and is zinced
    in proper gold finish and black powdered coated attach vibrator strap. Merci Sonny