Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Knurled Thumb Screw for Fuse Cover (69-71)

Knurled Thumb Screw for Fuse Cover (69-71)

WTB (2) used Knurled Thumb Screw for Fuse Cover (69-71) (not new)
    Attached Images Attached Images

i believe i have one extra, freshly re-plated. pm sent

is this it?

Need two, and prefer ones that are original with patina. My car has not been restored!

FYI, Knurled Thumb Screw was for late 71 only and maybe early 72. Prior to 69 to early 71, there was no black plastic fuse panel cover. And sometime in 72, the knurled thumb screw was replaced with a butterfly screw.

Best,
    Ravi
    ------------------------------------------------
    1971 911T/2.45 engine spec Coupe / Gold Metallic on Black
    1995 911 C2 / Guards Red on Cashmere Beige (Sold)

Thanks Ravi,

Looks like I didn’t misplace it over my 46-years of ownership!!

I quess I just bought a very good period correct plastic cover that I will not be needing.

Quote Originally Posted by CheckBookChuck View Post
    Thanks Ravi,

Looks like I didn’t misplace it over my 46-years of ownership!!

I quess I just bought a very good period correct plastic cover that I will not be needing.

What is the production date of your 911?

Quote Originally Posted by rgupta250 View Post
    FYI, Knurled Thumb Screw was for late 71 only and maybe early 72. Prior to 69 to early 71, there was no black plastic fuse panel cover. And sometime in 72, the knurled thumb screw was replaced with a butterfly screw.

Best,
    Ravi

If you are referring to the screw holding the plastic cover for the electrics in the engine compartment (left side) being picky I don’t agree with some
    things asserted in the quoted post.

The fastener on that plastic cover in engine was changed to a butterfly from knurled nut right at the beginning of calendar73, probably on first or second working day of Jan 1973 after the factory Christmas New Year holiday break.

My RS still has its original thumbscrew version, it was one of last few examples of that particular 73 model built in calendar 72, completed shortly before the factory Christmas break. Knurled to butterfly happened during model 73.

I don’t have a spare knurled nut just sharing more precise information on the supercession date as such small authenticity details even these fasteners can be important to some who have a model 73 built 1972. If anyone disagrees and wants rid of their knurled ones from model 1973 cars built in 1972 just send them to me foc

Maybe you’re both referring to some other cover and screws so we’re at cross purposes?

Steve
    Last edited by 911MRP; 08-28-2022 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 911MRP View Post
    If you are referring to the screw holding the plastic cover for the electrics in the engine compartment (left side) I don’t agree. The fastener on that cover was changed to a butterfly from knurled nut right at the beginning of calendar73, probably on first working day of Jan 1973 after the factory holiday break. My RS still has its original thumbscrew version, it was one of last few examples of that model built in calendar 72 completed shortly before Christmas break.

Maybe you’re referring to other cover? .

I don’t have a spare just sharing information on the supercession date

Steve
    Thanks for clarifying Steve. I didn’t know the exact cutover date.

Checkbookchuck,

you have a very nice car. i want you to have what you think to be correct. i'll look for an unrestored thumbscrew, but it'll take some time because my 'unrestored' fasteners are not as carefully organized.

it would also help to be sure about which one is correct in your specific case. you've gotten a lot of additional information, as is common here. keep us posted on the details and we'll try to help.