Thread: FS: Audette Gold (JW Speaker) LEDs

FS: Audette Gold (JW Speaker) LEDs

No reflection on the quality of John's LED lights, I actually owe him for helping me replace these! Long story short, but I have replaced my Audette LEDs, as below, with Amplilux yellow bulb headlights because my car is French, and French cars need fancy yellow headlights.

I had bought these from John largely because my brother, who drives my coupe regularly, complained that the H1's in the car were awful and he wouldn't drive at night as a result. So, this winter I had John's JW Speaker Gold series installed. No more moaning from my brother (which is amazing, because who moans about driving an early 911, provided to them for free?). They were installed in my car from April until this week, so less than a year. Apart from some surface grime are in great shape. Just drop them in and go (they draw low current, so no need for a relay enhancement).

These are the "gold plus" with a premium JW Speaker light element and the Bosch H4 glass. The housings are John's proprietary mix of 356/VW buckets and the chrome trim ring for the USA SWB buckets. The main difference between the real USA SWB buckets and these is the presence of a city light, which is only visible if you are very close to the buckets. You can see them in the close-up photos, and where John puts aluminum tape over the holes.

Let's start at $850 plus shipping. Part of the reason I am listing quickly is Lime Rock...if you are going to historics this weekend, no shipping charge, I'll just drop off. Heck, you can pick them up and I'll throw in as many beers as you can drink on my porch and still drive safely home.

I should add, if someone is interested and would prefer no city light hole, I'd be happy to epoxy over and re-paint the buckets in the correct shade so that they are indistinguishable from USA SWB buckets. If you want different glass, we can discuss that too - I have way too many headlight supplies in my parts stash right now - but it would likely necessitate a little upcharge. In short, PM me if you are interested and we can go from there.

The LED assemblies...plug and play.

Front
    IMG_1085.jpg

Back
    IMG_1083.jpg

Long distance shot of them on the car...
    image0 - Copy.jpg

Close up of them on the car...
    IMG_0218.jpg

If you want more examples, check out my instagram (Rick71T)...they are on the coupe. The targa has bi-iodes. Yes...it is a sickness. And yes, I should probably update my build thread.

And for reference, the amplilux assemblies. I can say confidently that every penny John charges for the ones he makes is worth it. It was an epic pain to get these to fit and into my car. I'm quite pleased with myself, and again, owe John thanks for helping provide some clues on how to get them to work.

IMG_1010.jpg
    MBR #3926
    '71 911 T Targa "Rick White"
    '71 911 E "Karen"
    '70 S/T
    '16 CD
    '10 E61 "Vomit Comet"

$750 Delivered to Lime Rock Historics Sunday in the Park (or plus shipping).
    MBR #3926
    '71 911 E "Karen"
    '70 S/T
    '16 CD
    '10 E61 "Vomit Comet"

Sold. Ironically, just drove the coupe for the first time with the ampliluxes, and while I can confirm the yellow cast makes me feel as though I am driving in France, the Audette LEDs provide more light.
    MBR #3926
    '71 911 E "Karen"
    '70 S/T
    '16 CD
    '10 E61 "Vomit Comet"