Thread: '67 911 Throttle Pedal Stuck

'67 911 Throttle Pedal Stuck

I'm having an issue with the throttle pedal on my '67 911 Targa.

When the pedal is fully depressed, the acceleration pedal linkage lever (#24 in diagram) bent and gets jammed under the metal floor of the car, thus locking the throttle fully open and not returning back!

If I bend it back, the throttle linkage is then the only thing limiting the throttle, so it can fully be opened.

However it keeps bending and getting stuck under the floor.

Is there supposed to be something limiting the throttle besides the linkage length itself?

Any ideas for a solution would be greatly appreciated.

Working on getting some photos.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Name:  IMG_20220817_181459.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  71.0 KB

Photo of the issue

#4 in your photo provides an adjustable stop. Have you checked this stop? Is it missing from your pedalboard?

The bell crank bushings are worn out, the lever is bent to the right, and the gas pedal hinge is probably shot.,,,,And there may not be a throttle stop. All very common.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

To close this out for future searchers:

The lever was indeed bent and the bell crank was causing a crack in the lever (see photo) I purchased a new throttle lever and it was much stronger and not broken. I also cut away a small piece of the floor so that it can never get stuck again, because if that happens while driving it would be really bad news.

Thanks for all the help!!

Name:  IMG_20220819_202238.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  75.9 KB
    '67 911 SWT - 500634

Thanks for the closure,,,,doesn't always happen unfortunately.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.