Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Engine Electrical Panel - critique and help

Yep, it is labeled 30/51, been awhile since I've looked at one, but obviously you will use that for your #30 wire connection.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Thanks Ed. Just wanted to make sure. wonder why the double terminal posts. Multi use somehow?

Just for an FYI for anybody reading this thread. After everybody's help on the panel I took a look at the alternator wiring. Using the Kroon harness everything seemed to go into place. However, a second wire was attached to the red wire fastener that goes to the bakelite terminal block. Both wires attached to a single loop fastener. Couldn't figure out where the smaller of the two wires attached at its opposite end. Finally realized it was a duplicate of the red and white wire running from the terminal block to post 30 on the relay which was pointed out by Ed above. The red and white wire (sheathed in black) was supplied with the wires from the panel wiring kit. Kroon (and I think Retoration Design) essentially supplied the same wire on the alternator harness but helped by attaching to a single fastener for ease of installation. Nice touch. And you wind up with an extra red and white wire since the alternator harness does away with the single wire. If you shave the sides of the loop fastener ever so slightly it will fit down into the bakelite terminal. Have not examined the strater wire but I would assume the same should be done to its fastener. Careful not to take off too much. I have the origninal red wire as shown above and Porsche original was an oblong loop. Just adding this for the electrical iddiots like me.

On your fuel pump banjos Porsche would have origianly used these caps... Technically, the car would get 9 of them. 6 at the carb banjo and 3 over at the Bendix pump.

https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...901-108-219-00

Best regards,

Brad
    Brad Davis
    RGruppe #691
    Early 911S #1547

Brad

Interested for authenticity sake. Paul Abbot did my carbs so I'm not messing there, but would take for the Bendix pump. Only question is why three? Only have in hose and out hose. Where would the third on go? I'm assuming I'll want the gold color rather thn the silver. Correct?

Tom

Hi Tom,

I would agree that yellow is correct for your vinatge 911 (1967?) Two for the pump and one goes on the hard line that comes up and out of the car body.

Thanks!

Brad
    Brad Davis
    RGruppe #691
    Early 911S #1547

Name:  P1020329.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  121.9 KB

I have what looks like a small capacitor connected to the + coil terminal. I see these in some photos of engine fuse panels but not in others. I'm wondering what the function of this is since there is also the usual condenser attached to the distributor.
    1965 911

Radio suppression?
    John Schiavone

Connecticut

356 Cab, 66 911, 914-6, 550-Beck, 981 Cayman, 54 MV Agusta Dustbid

That's what I've always been told. I guess radios of the day were susceptible to interference.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

That would make sense. The Kardex does not include a radio, but some PO added one, and this does not look like a factory installed item.
    1965 911