Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blinking Oil Light (‘72 911T)

Blinking Oil Light (‘72 911T)

Hi,

My dash oil light is blinking constantly on my 72' 911T. Per manual, this indicates that the hand brake is engaged. It continues to blink even after the hand brake has been disengaged. I assumed the cause may be a faulty switch. I've swapped the old switch out to a brand new OEM one. This did not resolve the blinking issue. Is there anything else that can cause this issue?

Thanks,
    Ducky
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Had you done anything prior to the this occurring,,like bled brakes?
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

That is not the oil light ! It is the e-brake or master cylinder imbalance light in the oil gauge .

Quote Originally Posted by edmayo View Post
    Had you done anything prior to the this occurring,,like bled brakes?
    No, I did not.

Quote Originally Posted by Richy View Post
    That is not the oil light ! It is the e-brake or master cylinder imbalance light in the oil gauge .
    Here's a pic Richy
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Brake system issue
    #rennfrog

There is an e-brake symbol below the light , and the word oil is for the gauge functions , not an oil light !

Quote Originally Posted by OliveR View Post
    Brake system issue
    Thanks Oliver!

Quote Originally Posted by Richy View Post
    There is an e-brake symbol below the light , and the word oil is for the gauge functions , not an oil light !
    Thanks Richy!