Thread: 67 Glove Box Key From Key Code?

67 Glove Box Key From Key Code?

I own a 67 912 that came to me minus a glove box key, but fortunately the glove box was unlocked.

Does anyone know of a reliable vendor that can cut a key for a 67 912 glove box using the key code from the Kardex? I am OK with a reproduction or aftermarket key. Sierra Madre did a nice job on an ignition key for me from the code but they do not make glove box keys from code. Same for Zims. Given recent threads, Tony Eugeaneo is not an option.

If there is no one that can cut a glove box key from code, are there any recommended vendors that can rekey the lock if it is provided to them? Zims thinks they can do it. But does anyone have direct experience with a vendor rekeying a glove box lock?

Any input or leads welcome.
    Bill Sargent
    Seattle area
    67 912
    64 356 C cab
    59 356 A carrera cab
    64 904 in the works

Closing the loop on this thread. I sent the glove box lock to Zims with a couple of K300 ignition key blanks which also fit the glove box lock (but are not technically correct). Their locksmith was able to cut keys to match the pins in the lock - so matching the original key code just not made from the code. If I ever find more correct key blanks I can duplicate the key Zims made.

$135 to cut 2 keys including return shipping. Happy customer.
    Bill Sargent
    Seattle area
    67 912
    64 356 C cab
    59 356 A carrera cab
    64 904 in the works

I don’t know who they are using, but Tony Eugano has done this several times for me (for several Porsche locks) with NOS keys for such a price.

I do not know when you last used Tony Eugano. I used him about 10 or more years ago and was very satisfied. However feedback on the 356 Registry in recent years has been poor for Tony’s service.
    Bill Sargent
    Seattle area
    67 912
    64 356 C cab
    59 356 A carrera cab
    64 904 in the works

Hi Bill,
    Time flies.
    Last time was 2017/2018.
    I lost so much time on the last restoration because of a poor Dutch painter.
    Kr,
    Erwin

Many years ago Tony made me an ignition key for my '69 with just a picture of the old key!
    Bob B