Thread: Rejoining the aircooled world, couple questions with pics

Rejoining the aircooled world, couple questions with pics

Hey all,

I'd sort of dropped off the forum (and from following the aircooled world in general, probably due to the rise in prices and the "what's my car worth" related consequences, i.e me not driving my car very much anymore)..
    Recently I sold my modern 911 (5y later for its purchase price, thanks to the covid economy) and that made me want to drive and care for my oldie more... Glad I did not sell it - I learn from my mistakes (lost a 356 that way)...

With that in mind, a couple silly Q to rejoin the fray (and yes, I'll be renewing my membership 30 seconds after posting this)

- can someone remind me what that dash plug was supposed to be ? If it even is a plug ? I may add a switch for my TTG driving lights, if anyone can recommend something that looks ok.
    - Can you recommend a way to "touch uo" the light scratches on the dash without a complete repaint? The big ones, the light stuff isn't visible with the naked eye. Is there a specific matching flat black paint I can use that is close and can clean it up a little ?
    - What on earth is that thing attached to the wires that just fell on my leg ?
    - are aftermarket seats really $4000 a pair now ? $%$#%$% me! Looking for something "period looking" and supportive, but not original recaros with Ferdinand's flatus smell still in them, if there's such a thing please enlighten me.

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Greg.
    ----------
    72 911T - 73 2002

The summer thing that fell, is a light, that lights the ash tray. It has a special hole it fits in.

Current long term ownership: 63 Cab, 71 911, 74 914

Quote Originally Posted by Scott A View Post
    The summer thing that fell, is a light, that lights the ash tray. It has a special hole it fits in.
    Thanks Scott, it's near the ashtray but I'd never have thought of it
    Greg.
    ----------
    72 911T - 73 2002

The plastic plug is a 'plug' for the fog light switch hole if not so equipped. Many are looking for that plug since it is not available anymore. I don't know of any good way to respray dash areas without them being noticeable. The yellow wire should be the built in power wire for the radio.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Check out deser.it for aftermarket seats. They are really nice and reasonably priced considering they are hand made.
    1970 2.2S Elfenbeinweiss
    1972 2.4T Targa Aubergine (MFI) [For sale]
    2002 996 TT Midnight Blue
    Member #3833

See if you can find a switch in the parts section, and if you don’t have the loom, Kroon do a very nice one…..plug and play, as such.

Not 100% but I think the only difference between the fog and TTG switch, is the emblem, and you can get them new…..my car is a ROW so doesn’t have the emblems on the switch…..
    Tony