Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Joseph Siffert Automobiles decals

Joseph Siffert Automobiles decals

I'd like to let interested people know that I finally got around to making these. I have a contact in Switzerland who is close to Seppi's mechanics
    ... he's consulting with them and showing them an image of the vector I've made. Haven't heard back yet.

Sadly, the only image I had to work with is the one on the red background which isn't great but it's not terrible.
    You guys let me know how you think I did.
    I've gone ahead and ordered some rear adhesive versions at 4.5 inches wide, clear dye cut background with recreated type, white fill and a black surrounding stroke. (the blue outline shows the shape of the dye cut.)
    Also coming are slightly smaller, rear adhesive versions, at 3.75 inches wide, for folks to adhere to their quarter window if they'd like.

Let me know what you think... I should have these available on my site in a week or so.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Mark Morrissey; 07-07-2022 at 04:09 AM.
    I have a website now:
    www.markmorrissey.org

Instagram: @Mark0Morrissey

Well done!
    first ride - 10 yrs old in a 73 911S - Silver - I was done for
    Started 'playing' with them in the late 80s
    Started racing a 72 911 T built to 2.9L RSR in SoCal SCCA, PCA, POC early 90s
    Have owned over 50 long hoods from late 80s until 2000
    dropped out from 2000 - 2018 - due to life, work, travel
    Been building a 2.8 'RSR' inspired car since 2018 - 9111121235
    http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...1121235-a.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Morrissey View Post
    You guys let me know how you think I did.
    here is what i think

Too cool! Thanks in advance!!
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Quote Originally Posted by moito View Post
    here is what i think
    Not sure why you're seeing that... image doesn't look that way
    I have a website now:
    www.markmorrissey.org

Joseph Siffert Automobiles

. . . been thinking about this for years
    (. . . ever since I first saw it)

As you know, there are at least two versions of this . . .
    https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...=1#post1120084

I've always thought the larger one was older --- Mr Siffert sold a LOTTA Bugattis and Ferraris in his time . . . which is what I thought the larger version was depicted on

On the other hand --- the smaller one (this) . . . appears on the tail of the car that he purchased from Porsche (917-024) . . .
    https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...S-Gooding-917K

I would think that this smaller version would be applicable to the later cars --- and only to ones built/sold before Jan '72 (?) when the store closed

This Small version may not be as 'showy' as the Big One -- but . . .

. . . I'd buy WAY more-than one

FWiW Kerry Morse told me he had an OG one of these. Tried to get a hold of him fo' years --- just to get a peek!

Last edited by LongRanger; 06-29-2022 at 06:29 PM.

We Can Be Heroes

Small one would be nice to have
    69 Bahama T
    S Reg# 2753

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Morrissey View Post
    Not sure why you're seeing that... image doesn't look that way
    the red boxes and lines indicate where i would change lines etc. since what you did is a bit off..no offense but you asked what we think

Moito is right. The width of the letters in joseph is not consistent at all. Then the spaces in siffert?
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club

the problem with making the smaller one is the image is just too small/low resolution. I might be able to fudge it... we'll see.
    Even the red background one is tricky to duplicate because of the resolution and the condition... I did make adjustments and sent in a revision vector but its still not perfect.
    I'm trying to get a better photo from one of the mechanics in Switzerland...we'll see. But in the meantime, I've had what surely a few will consider less than ideal -- put through for production. Yes, its not perfect, but its pretty close
    Thank you for the critique and eagle-eyed observations. Much appreciated.

I'll do my best over the next several months to get it closer and keep you posted.
    I have a website now:
    www.markmorrissey.org