I had an interesting experience recently. I came across an item that I thought would be a great new product for the AC Store catalog. I investigated it online and found a number of positive reviews following "testing" by some prominent online retailers. I spent several hours putting together a product page and, as normal procedure, asked our consultant Daniel Stern if he was familiar with the product, and of course he was. He gave it a strong thumbs down which was really disappointing as I think it would be a strong seller.

Two lessons learned.

Most resellers are (w)hores. They either don't test products at all or simply lie about them. There appear to be very few companies that fully vet and QC their products. We are one of them and Eric's Auto Foreign comes to mind. I'm sure that are a few others. Be careful out there as the BS is deep. Do your research.

Stern's input makes me realize how fortunate we are to have him as a friend and consultant to Audette Collection. We strive for a number of value-adds, such as copious information and fair pricing, but #1 is thoroughly vetted products. Not all our products qualify but we're trying to find as many as possible that deserve our Best in Class™ label. If not that then they function as intended.

Cheers,
John