Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recaro Sport Seat - identification

And a bit more serious reply: He has a huge stash of old Porsche parts but does not know that those are pretty valuable seats? 15 seconds of googling would help. I kind of understand Uwe's comment....
    Mike, member #841

Quote Originally Posted by mike66 View Post
    And a bit more serious reply: He has a huge stash of old Porsche parts but does not know that those are pretty valuable seats? 15 seconds of googling would help. I kind of understand Uwe's comment....
    I know they are valuable, but in the process of finding the value, i read a lot of pre 68 seats, original perforation, and a lot more stuff. Thats why i wanted to know what i have so i can offer them more precise
    Last edited by VEphilipp; 03-17-2022 at 10:21 AM.

What you have is a pair of 1968 Recaro Sport Seats both of which are 'drivers' side seats but I may be incorrect and if so probably best selling separately
    Regarding a price, use the "search' icon and type in 'sport seat 1968' or
    Name a price your happy with and let the market determine if you are realistic or not with your 'ask'
    Last edited by NZVW; 03-17-2022 at 02:11 PM.
    Mark

I think in 68 these are a pair
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club

Quote Originally Posted by steve shea View Post
    +1 at least at the beginning of MY

Quote Originally Posted by steve shea View Post
    This changes a lot, thank you

Name:  20221129_092344.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  122.4 KB
    Name:  20221129_092434.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  144.2 KB

I have another set in our storage

My guess would be also 1968 Porsche, but the Recaro badge confuses me, as I did not find any pictures from Porsche 911 with these seats with a Recaro badge.

Are these aftermarket seats sold from Recaro? Or made for a different manufacturer?

Quote Originally Posted by VEphilipp View Post
    Name:  20221129_092344.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  122.4 KB
    Name:  20221129_092434.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  144.2 KB

I have another set in our storage

My guess would be also 1968 Porsche, but the Recaro badge confuses me, as I did not find any pictures from Porsche 911 with these seats with a Recaro badge.

Are these aftermarket seats sold from Recaro? Or made for a different manufacturer?
    There is no difference between Porsche 68 and aftermarket seats except the badge and the orientation of basketweave (if they are basketweave) if they are in the 68 style vinyl.
    However one these is recovered and looks a bit "wide" and both are probably aftermarket

I like the first set a lot more
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6