Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Current Factory Available Mufflers

Well, I broke down and ordered one. So we'll see soon what it weighs. And if it cures the problem, I'll have a rattling '74 Leistriz to give away (dated 7/1986). If it doesn't cure the problem, I'll have a good '74 Leistriz to sell! And of course, anyone can cut and reposition the tailpipe and it's the same as the 73 and earlier ones.
    Last edited by Jay Laifman; 03-22-2022 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by raspy2point2 View Post
    the Dansk muffler weighs a ton compared to the original OEM Porsche used. That is a big consideration.
    I am getting ready to install a Porsche Classic muffler. Mine weighs 19 lbs.
    David

911 S Registry # 1054
    1970 911 E Coupe Signal Orange (#1414)
    1979 BMW 320i
    2001 Boxster S
    2003 Audi Allroad 2.7T Tiptronic
    2014 Jetta Sportwagon TDI DSG ( sold back to Volkswagen)
    2015 Allroad 2.0 TFSI

I'm curious. Does it say "Made in Germany" on it like shown in Ravi's picture on the other thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Laifman View Post
    I'm curious. Does it say "Made in Germany" on it like shown in Ravi's picture on the other thread?
    Yes. Here is one of the labels that came on the muffler.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    David

911 S Registry # 1054
    1970 911 E Coupe Signal Orange (#1414)
    1979 BMW 320i
    2001 Boxster S
    2003 Audi Allroad 2.7T Tiptronic
    2014 Jetta Sportwagon TDI DSG ( sold back to Volkswagen)
    2015 Allroad 2.0 TFSI

Just got mine. I haven't weighed it yet. But definitely feels light. Hope to install it this weekend. Some rubs and light scratches on the paint. Also debating asking them to send another one.

Definitely has the P triangle on it - like seeing that.

Interestingly, no space or dot between 025 and 05. I note that Rafi's has a space there. I would expect a dot. And mine has nothing:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Is Eisenmann making the Porsche factory part? They make some very nice Porsche mufflers (356 comes to mind) that fit and are nearly exact copies of the originals.

Stretch
    Registry # 3063

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch32 View Post
    Is Eisenmann making the Porsche factory part? They make some very nice Porsche mufflers (356 comes to mind) that fit and are nearly exact copies of the originals.

Stretch
    That has been my thought also. It would not surprise me

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Laifman View Post
    Just got mine. I haven't weighed it yet. But definitely feels light. Hope to install it this weekend. Some rubs and light scratches on the paint. Also debating asking them to send another one.

Definitely has the P triangle on it - like seeing that.

Interestingly, no space or dot between 025 and 05. I note that Rafi's has a space there. I would expect a dot. And mine has nothing:
    I have three factory mufflers sitting here and all have the same 10/18 date code.

Yes Eisenmann manufactures the early 911 and 356 Porsche Classic mufflers. I installed one on a 1971 911E restoration and the quality is excellent. I was informed that the muffler was reproduced to sound like the original. I can’t confirm that statement however. The 356/912 muffler looks like the original including the rounded end caps.

Quote Originally Posted by Rdkc01 View Post
    Yes Eisenmann manufactures the early 911 and 356 Porsche Classic mufflers. I installed one on a 1971 911E restoration and the quality is excellent. I was informed that the muffler was reproduced to sound like the original. I can’t confirm that statement however. The 356/912 muffler looks like the original including the rounded end caps.
    Is the Porsche Classic/Eisenmann muffler mild steel or stainless steel?
    Bert Jayasekera
    1970 911T - Tangerine Orange
    Early 911S Registry #494
    R Gruppe #167