Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Casper 11801191

The first thing we did was a basic vacuum and wipe down the interior. I also went about taking the bubbled limo tint off. I couldn't wait to get it off.

Name:  IMG_0721.jpg
Views: 596
Size:  129.6 KB

Before:

Name:  IMG_0704.jpg
Views: 579
Size:  93.1 KB

After:

Name:  IMG_0717.jpg
Views: 585
Size:  187.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_0720.jpg
Views: 590
Size:  156.0 KB

Any plans for working on the car this weekend?
    =================================
    The Citrus Collection
    74 911 Carrera Targa - light yellow
    74 911 Carrera Targa - orange
    74 911 Carrera Targa - lime green

Drew, Congrats and welcome to the early 911 community. Looking forward to follow along with Casper's revival.

Quote Originally Posted by mark 74 Carrera View Post
    Subscribed! I look forward to learning about early cars and helping you on this journey wherever I can.

Dad
    Awesome to see your dad anxious to give a helping hand on this project! You'll cherish the time spent together.
    Early 911S Registry #3811
    '70 911S Coupe Tangerine
    Instagram @turkis.tii

Hey Drew, check out this Article:

http://www.ludwigs-pferdewelten.de/i...rtwig-steenken

The girl on the first photo was the first owner of your car.

Quote Originally Posted by mark 74 Carrera View Post
    Any plans for working on the car this weekend?
    Maybe on Sunday. We probably need to start getting after cleaning the bad gas out of the fuel system.

Quote Originally Posted by zhivago View Post
    Hey Drew, check out this Article:

http://www.ludwigs-pferdewelten.de/i...rtwig-steenken

The girl on the first photo was the first owner of your car.
    Wow! That is an amazing find!!! Thank you so much zhivago! I will add her photo to my next post!

Here is my plan for the near term process of getting the car back on the road. A little background on the car: the reason it was initially taking off the road was the brakes going out. That's the only piece of information we have. The engine does turn over when the crank is turned.

1. Get the car started
    - Clean out the fuel system to get rid of the bad gas. Replace line ect.
    - Oil change
    - Marval mystery oil soak
    - Spark plug change
    - Get a battery
    - Sort out electrical system. There is something going on with a motorcycle throttle in the engine bay. Very strange.
    - ???

2.Then the task will be getting it driving
    - The clutch pedal is completely locked up.
    - Shift throws are extremely long. Linkages need to be tightened up. Not sure what that fully entails yet.
    - The gas pedal seems to be falling apart.
    - Brakes are not working. We will need all new lines. Fix anything else in the system that needs it.
    - Need new muffler. The one on the car is damaged
    - Figure out what the webers need. simple kit rebuild or full send out service for refurb.
    - New tires
    -???

If anyone has other tasks please feel free to share. Things like H1's, front turn signals, rear turn signals, ect will have to take a back seat to these other task.

In other news

zhivago found an article which contains a picture of the original owner. Ever since seeing the Kardex I've wondered who she is and it is very exciting to put a face to the name.

Name:  IMG_0744.PNG
Views: 514
Size:  300.3 KB

Lastly, the 68 plates came in the mail today. Once it can pass inspection I will use these plates on the car. A little rust on them like Casper

Name:  IMG_0745.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  151.7 KB

The chances of that article are crazy. She moved to Switzerland, perhaps you’ll have luck reconnecting with her. Best of luck sounds like a solid plan. Perhaps also try checking the battery boxes that they arent sitting in battery acid…

Drew,

Your initial list seems to cover most of the basic systems. I suspect that you also need to replace some of the parts in the suspension system.

Best,
    Ravi
    ------------------------------------------------
    1971 911T/2.45 engine spec Coupe / Gold Metallic on Black
    1995 911 C2 / Guards Red on Cashmere Beige (Sold)

Awesome find and persistence pays off - also amazing to see the photo of the first owner!

Good luck in your journey!
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

We worked a bit today on the car. Got the fuel tank out. Definitely had some bad gas in it (see the red bucket). We also got the rear up on stands for better access. We put together a list of fuel system parts that will be required. The car does not have a fuel pump so I will be on the hunt for one. Earlier in the week, I took off the aftermarket facelift license plate panel. I will be on the hunt for an imperfect panel to put on for now. Also, I did a bit of research because the air filter housing that came with the car looks different than it should. It turns out it is off a '65-66 so I will be looking to sell that while looking for the correct one. The one I have is date stamped 4/65.

Name:  IMG_0801.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  182.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_0798.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  124.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_0799.jpg
Views: 434
Size:  123.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_0800.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  70.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_0729.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  135.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_0730.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  156.4 KB
    Name:  66779054420__B2DAB9C1-373B-4414-8387-960BB93C5DAF.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  111.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_0795.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  78.4 KB
    Last edited by Druepy; 03-07-2022 at 05:13 AM.